T Nation

Reinforcing the Seams on a TRX

I was squatting in my suit when the butt seam slightly began to become undone. So I was wondering how do you reinforce the seams with out sending it back to inzer? I have a meet in less than a month and need to squat for trainin and of course the meet. Any recomendations?

what fed are you in? use upholstery thread or bead cord and stitch along the same seam in the same pattern.

[quote]robo1 wrote:
what fed are you in? use upholstery thread or bead cord and stitch along the same seam in the same pattern. [/quote]

Yeah. You can probably hand stitch it depending on how large of an area we are talking. Just search on the internet and you can find examples of stiches to use. If it is a zig zag stich that is going to be difficult and unnecessary to duplicate.

I would ues a ball point needle (as opposed to one with a point) and heavy button thread.

I lift in USAPL the area is only about 1/4 in to a half inch. I think I can do it the stitching seems to be a simple zig zag maybe ill give it a try. what is bead cord?

Similar to upholstery thread, just a strong piece of polyester or kevlar used to make bead necklaces - easier to find in some cases by going to arts and crafts store. I lift usapl and stitch up my stuff all the time (well my neighbor does the stitching) but just pick same color thread as your suit if possible and follow the seam (im assuming the tear is on the seam) and apwsearch is right you don’t have to do the complicated zig zag.

If you don’t know how to sew just buy the thread and the needle (which is going to be bigger than a standard needle) take it a cleaners or tailor and show them what to do, they can stitch it up securely in less than 60 seconds for minimal cost

Found great tailor who did it for me in ten minutes and for three bucks the suit works even better with the reinforced seam. thanks for the advice