Rehab After Acromion Fusion of the Right Shoulder

Hello fellow lifters,

I am very thankful for every helpful tip!

Tomorrow, my broken acromion will be fused with a screw and I will be in a sling for 3-4 weeks.
To speed up recovery of the broken bone and to save my muscles, I use the following approach:

Supplements

• Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and B12
  • Magnesium, Cinc, Calcium complex
  • Super Cissus
  • MSM, Glucosamin, Chondroitin complex
  • Glutamine, Arginine, Carnitin

Injectables

• 250mg Test E
  • GHRP-2 and MOD GRF 2-3 times daily

Devices

• Ultrasound Exogen bone healing system
  • EMS unit

I will also work out the unaffected side of my body because I have read that you can keep strength
and muscles on the surgery side of your body thanks to the cross-education mechanism.

Now I have three questions left:

1. Is there a way to train the traps on the surgery side without moving the shoulder up? My doctor told me not to do any shrugs or overhead movements with the operated shoulder because the screw can irritate the bone and can even break in the early days. I cannot think of any way to train the traps without using the shoulder except using an EMS device. I am allowed to do light tera band exercises on week 2 for the deltoids, triceps and biceps but nothing that makes the shoulder go upwards. I would also be interested how I could train my lats with my restricted shoulder movement. I once saw a bodybuilder that was only born with one arm and he still has a big traps and latissimus on the side where the whole arm is missing. How is this possible without being able to pull?

2. I have a lot of Deca and Trenbolone left. Would any of these two steroids aid in recovery of the broken bone and prevent muscle atrophy? I am blasting and cruising so my natural T is shut down anyways.

3. Can I do anything that I have not mentioned yet to help my recovery and to maintain my muscles? I know that a calorie surplus helps and a lot of proteins are needed to save the muscles. However, I am a bit worried that I might gain too much fat because I can’t workout as hard as I used to. Would a low carb or ketogenic diet make sense post OP to keep the fat gain low?

It might sound like I am impatient when it comes to rehab but this is not the case. I just want to continue working out as much as I can without risking the surgery side to get reinjured. Weightlifting saved my life and took me out of the worst depression and derealization/depersonalition. It is essential for me to “do something” for my body. Training the unaffected side and my legs to keep the body in an anabolic state and to make use of the cross-education mechanism sounds reasonable to me, but I am also a little bit afraid that I might become asymmetrical if only the left side is trained. I read a nice article though where it is stated that resting the unaffected side as well will lead to great muscle atrophy…

What’s your take on the topic? I would like to see your opinions. :slight_smile:

Hi destrudo,

your stack looks solid.
I’m positively surprised you’re using Arginine - not many people know that it boosts the proliferation phase of wound healing.

You might want to look into TB-500.

Can’t comment on the other AAS you’ve mentioned, but Test-E is purported to assist in wound healing.
I know that Deca is not a good choice for ligament and tendon healing, but don’t know about its effects on bone.

Should you perchance be hypothyroid, don’t forget to take your T4/T3.

Don’t undereat: your body needs to repair macroscropic structural damage. This is very demanding.
Barring any medical conditions, I’d eat 40/30/30 (P/C/F) If I was in your shoes.
Just go by the mirror. Should you see noticeable fat gain after a week or so, adjust calories accordingly.

Don’t train your upper body or at least don’t train your injured side.
It’s only a month, man. Specialize in lower body training (no shoulder loading exercises, ofc). Be active within reasonable parameters. Engaged metabolism = good healing.

Also, keep in mind that the brunt of healing takes place within 6 weeks.
With another 6 weeks on top to smooth things over (put very simply).
After that, your body is done healing, no matter potentially remaining damage.
So, better don’t mess around with half-assed and potentially aggravating exercises during the first 6 weeks.

Have a speedy recovery, man.

Hey FattyFat,

thanks for your answer! You’ve made very good points.

The surgery was a success. I got two screws and a wire that are fixating my acromion. Now it just needs to heal. Very painful, though.
I need to wear my sling for six weeks to prevent any risky movements with the injured shoulder.

I will rest for 1 week because I can barely sleep with the acute post-op pain. After that, I will workout again and specialize in lower body training like you said. I will also hit the uninjured side twice a week though to check the cross-education theory in reality.

I hope everything goes well. I am glad for your post.

Regards!