Regular Peanut Butter

Ocelot, atleast I didn’t get killed by Snake, Gurluvich Solid fails :wink: lol

[quote]forbes wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
forbes wrote:
Nyral wrote:
Dude that’s freaking 6000kcal of natty PB in two days! calm down man!

No shit! I told you I was addicted to the stuff! But its like, I can’t control myself! I tried just not buying it, but for some reason, I can’t feel full optimally without it :S

To Jehovasfitness, its not that I can’t eat it, but due to the large amount of peanut butter I eat, it would rack up a large bill!

not sure where you live, but natural may only be another .20-.40 per regular jar if even that. is your health not worth it?

I live in Canada. And yes, there is a major difference in price (at least in my location). if the difference was only 20 or 40 cents more, then yes, I would gladly buy the natural over the processed. However, thats not the case.

I need some sort of therapy for this addiction (that may sound comical, but I’m actually serious).

The thing is though, thats not my only source of nutrients. I eat a variety of foods. Peanut butter happens to be at the top of the list. It could be worse.[/quote]

Well if it’s only a money thing that’s one thing but if you’re actually getting fat from it then it’s a bit more serious. Anyway I’ve got a sweet tooth. Actually 32 of them, and NO willpower whatsoever. So the only way not eat sweet things for me is to simply not buy them…problem solved.

i dont no if the peanut butter i get is organic or natural but its got nothing added except salt, i have tried the other stuff with sugar and all the other nasties and i prefer the one without all that stuff in it.

[quote]Nyral wrote:
forbes wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
forbes wrote:
Nyral wrote:
Dude that’s freaking 6000kcal of natty PB in two days! calm down man!

No shit! I told you I was addicted to the stuff! But its like, I can’t control myself! I tried just not buying it, but for some reason, I can’t feel full optimally without it :S

To Jehovasfitness, its not that I can’t eat it, but due to the large amount of peanut butter I eat, it would rack up a large bill!

not sure where you live, but natural may only be another .20-.40 per regular jar if even that. is your health not worth it?

I live in Canada. And yes, there is a major difference in price (at least in my location). if the difference was only 20 or 40 cents more, then yes, I would gladly buy the natural over the processed. However, thats not the case.

I need some sort of therapy for this addiction (that may sound comical, but I’m actually serious).

The thing is though, thats not my only source of nutrients. I eat a variety of foods. Peanut butter happens to be at the top of the list. It could be worse.

Well if it’s only a money thing that’s one thing but if you’re actually getting fat from it then it’s a bit more serious. Anyway I’ve got a sweet tooth. Actually 32 of them, and NO willpower whatsoever. So the only way not eat sweet things for me is to simply not buy them…problem solved.[/quote]

This is an obvious yet oh so difficult thing to do! I love my peanut butter, but to give it up completely sounds absurd and almost impossible. I think whats best is to reduce the amount of meals I consume it with (3 out of 4 meals), until I’m down to just one. Then I should be able to buy the natural kind.

Oh and, you guys wouldn’t believe how it all started. I had insomnia one night, and I woke up, but I was unable to fall back asleep for the longest of time. My hunger started to grow, as I lay there. So to shut my stomach up, I went to eat something. I did not feel like making anything, so I grabbed a jar of peanut butter and had just a few table spoons. That shut my stomach up in no time. I was soon able to fall asleep. Ever since that night, my mind correlated fullness (and a good nights sleep) with peanut butter. Now it’s a vicious cycle :S

[quote]JaX Un wrote:
I go through 3 lbs of peanut butter a week. I have never liked peanut butter but i throw it in my morning and pre-sleep protein smoothies. I buy Trader Joe’s natural peanut butter. 1lb= 1.60$

cheap as hell AND it actually tastes like peanut butter unlike that damn skippy or jiff shit.[/quote]

Trader Joes natty peanut and almond butter FTW. Good call

I love that the frankenstein chemistry peanut butter is “regular”.

I tried the new jiff natty, not bad. I also eat the smart balance though that taste kinda of shitty.

[quote]forbes wrote:
Oh and, you guys wouldn’t believe how it all started. I had insomnia one night, and I woke up, but I was unable to fall back asleep for the longest of time. My hunger started to grow, as I lay there. So to shut my stomach up, I went to eat something. I did not feel like making anything, so I grabbed a jar of peanut butter and had just a few table spoons. That shut my stomach up in no time. I was soon able to fall asleep. Ever since that night, my mind correlated fullness (and a good nights sleep) with peanut butter. Now it’s a vicious cycle :S [/quote]

rofl. That’s too funny. I am the same way. I can’t keep it in the house, or I wake up at night and will put down at least a quarter cup or more, along with a bunch of milk. I sleep like a baby with PB in my gut, but an extra 600 kcal on top of my current excess is a recipe for fat-ass-ville.

Damn. My kid is allergic to nuts. You are making me miss peanut butter reading this. But it’s like leaving a loaded .44 magnum on the counter for us.

Though my wife is Japanese and she makes some killer healthy dishes from her side of the family, so I can’t be too jealous.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
I love that the frankenstein chemistry peanut butter is “regular”.[/quote]

I’ve said this too. why does the natural have to be called natural and the chemically altered stuff normal.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
msd0060 wrote:
I love that the frankenstein chemistry peanut butter is “regular”.

I’ve said this too. why does the natural have to be called natural and the chemically altered stuff normal. [/quote]

I agree with this, I’ve just naturally (no pun intended) come to call the un-natural kind “regular”.

My father has the same problem haha! He can down a jar of PB in no time flat when he wakes up at night. And then I get pissed at him for ingesting over a 1000 kcals because he doesn’t train at all…It’s even worse with natty cuz it drips all over the place and it’s a hell of a mess when I wake up!

Start making you own peanut butter. It’s way cheaper than natural peanut butter. I add other nuts to make it healthier, and I like the taste better. My favorite is:

1 part peanuts
1 part walnuts
2 parts pecans

Almonds don’t tend to blend as well and it turns out thicker (which isn’t all bad).

Just put your nuts in the oven (yes, I said it), turn it on 250 degrees for half and hour or so, and then throw it in a food processor.

I’m suprised people have been taking OP as seriously as they have. You might as well have asked “I eat 2kg of choclate fudge a week, sugar free fudge is just sooo expensive, what should I doooooo?” It’s a little bit ridiculous for a body building site.

Decide whether you want to be lean or not. Then get rid of the sugar butter or not.

ps, if you live in Canada, I think President’s Choice makes peanut butter called “just nuts.” They keep it with the normal peanut butter. If you are looking in the organic food section you are buying overpriced stuff in fancy jars.

[quote]Muskulls wrote:
I’m suprised people have been taking OP as seriously as they have. You might as well have asked “I eat 2kg of choclate fudge a week, sugar free fudge is just sooo expensive, what should I doooooo?” It’s a little bit ridiculous for a body building site.

Decide whether you want to be lean or not. Then get rid of the sugar butter or not. [/quote]

Why shouldn’t they? I never cried out for help saying “oh help me, I needz helpz”

I just wanted to know who else eats the processed peanut butter.

By the way, I am aware of “Just Nuts”, but that stuff is NOT cheap. Maybe where you are, but not where I am.

2kg Kirkland organic PB from Costco $9.99

just picked some up, it’s good stuff

uh…i might get booed for this but have you tried pb2? or Walden farms peanut butter or Better N Peanut butter–which is my favorite of the three. I know its CRAP compared to the real stuff, but its lower calorie for damm sure.not cheap however, but if you’re wanting to cut the habit a bit calorie wise those are some decent options.

or you can be a cheap bastard like me and take you pb and add hot water to it to sorta dilute it i guess you’d say. mix it up, stir it, you can put some splenda in it if you want i guess, but it helps spread it out a bit.

Just watch the sales dude. Every so often around my place Kraft goes on sale, their “normal” and the natural stuff both (except the natural is 750g and the other crap is 1kg), and its like 2.50 for a jar,. And I live in Canada. So really, not that bad at all. 3kg for 10$. As for the “normal” pb, the other day I bought it for the first time in a year… shouldn’t have…