Regular Peanut Butter

Who here eats regular peanut butter? You know, the more commercial brands like Jiff. I go through a 2 kg jar a week. Honestly, its like an addiction.

I would eat natural peanut butter, but the ones they sell in stores is like 7 bucks for 1 kg, whereas I pay 6 bucks for 2 kg. If I go through 2 kg a week, just imagine how much I’d go through with smaller amounts. I’d rack up a damn pricey bill from peanut butter alone!

The ones where you can buy in bulk aren’t that much cheaper.

I just want to know if I’m the only one here that eats the regular stuff and not the natural (though I wish I could).

Actually it’s pretty much physically impossible to eat as much natty PB as regular PB. If you’d ever tried natty, you would understand.

[quote]Nyral wrote:
Actually it’s pretty much physically impossible to eat as much natty PB as regular PB. If you’d ever tried natty, you would understand.[/quote]

Damn, here we go again with that avatar of yours :wink:

I have tried natural peanut butter before. And I know its easier for it to get lodged in your throat. But I went through a 1 kg jar in 2 days. I just keep on eating it. Its like cocaine for me :S

I do work on peanut butter man your not alone. Im fine if i dont buy it and dont start eating it but once i smell it… its like a feeding frenzy

I buy skippy natural so I don’t have to refigerate it and worry about it getting really hard in the fridge.
sure, not as ideal as regular natural, but I likes it.

why can’t you eat natural?

Dude that’s freaking 6000kcal of natty PB in two days! calm down man!

[quote]Nyral wrote:
Dude that’s freaking 6000kcal of natty PB in two days! calm down man![/quote]

No shit! I told you I was addicted to the stuff! But its like, I can’t control myself! I tried just not buying it, but for some reason, I can’t feel full optimally without it :S

To Jehovasfitness, its not that I can’t eat it, but due to the large amount of peanut butter I eat, it would rack up a large bill!

I love peanut butter, I just buy regular stuff.

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:
I love peanut butter, I just buy regular stuff.[/quote]

Like Jiff? or natural?

regular peanut butter = natural peanut butter

jiff = processed horse shit.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
regular peanut butter = natural peanut butter

jiff = processed horse shit. [/quote]

Technically speaking you’re right. But, when I say regular peanut butter, I’m referring to the most commonly sold one, with crap in there.

[quote]forbes wrote:
Rocky2 wrote:
I love peanut butter, I just buy regular stuff.

Like Jiff? or natural?[/quote]

yea, well not jiff though. My local generic brand Roundy’s, I love it more than jiff.

I meant the non-natural peanutbutter.

[quote]forbes wrote:
Nyral wrote:

No shit! I told you I was addicted to the stuff! But its like, I can’t control myself! I tried just not buying it, but for some reason, I can’t feel full optimally without it :S

To Jehovasfitness, its not that I can’t eat it, but due to the large amount of peanut butter I eat, it would rack up a large bill![/quote]

not sure where you live, but natural may only be another .20-.40 per regular jar if even that. is your health not worth it?

hope your getting kind with no added sugar, I know that one of the top commercial brands makes a variety with not added sugar, maybe it’s Skippy.

I’d still spend the extra $$ for natty/organic PB tho.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
forbes wrote:
Nyral wrote:

To Jehovasfitness, its not that I can’t eat it, but due to the large amount of peanut butter I eat, it would rack up a large bill!

not sure where you live, but natural may only be another .20-.40 per regular jar if even that. is your health not worth it?[/quote]

I live in Canada. And yes, there is a major difference in price (at least in my location). if the difference was only 20 or 40 cents more, then yes, I would gladly buy the natural over the processed. However, thats not the case.

I need some sort of therapy for this addiction (that may sound comical, but I’m actually serious).

The thing is though, thats not my only source of nutrients. I eat a variety of foods. Peanut butter happens to be at the top of the list. It could be worse.

I think it is a bit more expensive in a normal grocery store. Most stores usually have a natural brand called Adams, at costco you can get a large container of that for a decent price, 3 jars worth for like $8? They also have a kirkland brand I like sold in packs of 2. That is not much more expensive than jiff, although I have not bought processed pb in so long my price comparison may be off a bit.

I go through 3 lbs of peanut butter a week. I have never liked peanut butter but i throw it in my morning and pre-sleep protein smoothies. I buy Trader Joe’s natural peanut butter. 1lb= 1.60$

cheap as hell AND it actually tastes like peanut butter unlike that damn skippy or jiff shit.

[quote]forbes wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
forbes wrote:
Nyral wrote:

I live in Canada. And yes, there is a major difference in price (at least in my location). if the difference was only 20 or 40 cents more, then yes, I would gladly buy the natural over the processed. However, thats not the case.

/quote]

Where do you live? Where I live there is the IGA local brand, Nos Compliments who sell natty pb for 1$/500 gr. It is best tasting and cheaper than everything else.

natty PB + icing sugar + salt + EVIL = Jiffy

yeah I said it

Hell yeah. I carry peanut butter and a tbspn in my backpack at all times. My #1 snack food.