Regular Eggs, Good Source of Fat?

Is all the fat in eggs good fat? im talking about the regular eggs not the omega ones. i plan on starting to eat alot more eggs so i dont go through protein as much. each egg had 6 g proetin and 4.5 g fat. i plan on eating 4 for breakfast and 2-3 more through the day.

[quote]talon2nr7588 wrote:
is all the fat in eggs good fat? im talking about the regular eggs not the omega ones. i plan on starting to eat alot more eggs so i dont go through protein as much. each egg had 6 g proetin and 4.5 g fat. i plan on eating 4 for breakfast and 2-3 more through the day.[/quote]

at that amount you are fine.
I eat about half dozen a day and lipid values are good in any blood test I take.

I think it has to do with staying active really if you use the fat tha tyou eat then your good,if you just sit around then the fat builds up and you get all the bad stuff that is linked to high fat.

this is speculation on my part of course,but the blood tests I get ones every few weeks are not.

eat up

Depends on your feelings about fat. All of the fat in eggs is natural. No trans-fats. So no truly bad fats. The question is more about what ratio of fats to other macronutrients you want in your diet, and what ratio of saturated fat to total fat you want.

I’m not sure about your eggs but my eggs (an omega-3 variety) have 5 g of total fat, with 2 g being saturated fat. That is 40% saturated fat. Now, I am on a low-carb diet, and I believe in the importance of fat including saturated fat. That is hormone fuel there.

If you are not on a low-carb diet, or you feel you operate better with less fat then you have to watch your egg intake.

Well ima take fish oil with them as i want my body to get acustomed to eating fat and protein which will work my body into using fat for fuel correct? i will also be eating natural peanut butter. not all together of course.
i’ll be starting this next week when i get ahold of some HOT-ROX

You can mix an egg and some PB in a blender with some whey and splenda. good times.

Eat your damn eggs

[quote]Moon Knight wrote:
Depends on your feelings about fat. All of the fat in eggs is natural. No trans-fats. So no truly bad fats. The question is more about what ratio of fats to other macronutrients you want in your diet, and what ratio of saturated fat to total fat you want.

I’m not sure about your eggs but my eggs (an omega-3 variety) have 5 g of total fat, with 2 g being saturated fat. That is 40% saturated fat. Now, I am on a low-carb diet, and I believe in the importance of fat including saturated fat. That is hormone fuel there.

If you are not on a low-carb diet, or you feel you operate better with less fat then you have to watch your egg intake.[/quote]

I think this is the best answer you’re going to get. I’m on a low carb diet right now, so I’m eating 12 eggs a day. The one thing I think people forget about is that animal fats are never just one kind of fat. I just make sure I eat almonds/walnuts, natty peanut buter, olive oil and fish oil, which ensures that my ratio of fats will take care of themselves.

12 eggs is 12 carbs

[quote]nycsoccax wrote:
12 eggs is 12 carbs[/quote]

Just messing with ya, man. I’m trying to keep myself entertained at work here!