T Nation

Register to Vote!

If you haven’t done so already, you will need to register to vote (generally) 30 days before the general election on Nov 4.

Only two states, that I am aware of - Washington and Arizona - offer online registration (this absolutely dumbfounds me). Links for those two can be found here:

WA: https://wei.secstate.wa.gov/osos/secure/pages/Onlinevoterregistration.aspx

AZ: https://servicearizona.com/webapp/evoter/

Otherwise, you can go here: https://ssl.capwiz.com/congressorg/e4/nvra/
Select your state, fill out the form, print and sign it and mail it in.

This takes very little time but is hugely important.

If you’ll be at least 18 come election day and you don’t vote, you don’t have the right to bitch about who wins or loses.

Get to it!

[quote]Tyler23 wrote:

If you’ll be at least 18 come election day and you don’t vote, you don’t have the right to bitch about who wins or loses.

Get to it![/quote]

They don’t have the right to bitch about anything that the gov does if they don’t vote.

True that.

bump

You know what I got when I registered? Jury duty.

Ahh, that’s easy enough to get out of. Just talk to your shoe or something during jury selection.

[quote]Tyler23 wrote:
Ahh, that’s easy enough to get out of. Just talk to your shoe or something during jury selection.[/quote]

I was planning on trying to eat it. I want to be sure.

Right, because we have to choose between a giant douche and a shit sandwich. I think I’m going to write in “none of the above.”

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Tyler23 wrote:
Ahh, that’s easy enough to get out of. Just talk to your shoe or something during jury selection.

I was planning on trying to eat it. I want to be sure.

[/quote]

Make sure you ask them what your body fat is before you eat the shoe.

EDIT: (Is that too old of a reference to be funny anymore? Probably.)

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Right, because we have to choose between a giant douche and a shit sandwich. I think I’m going to write in “none of the above.”[/quote]

Sounds like a damn good idea. What happens if “None of the Above” gets elected?

[quote]Madman2 wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
Right, because we have to choose between a giant douche and a shit sandwich. I think I’m going to write in “none of the above.”

Sounds like a damn good idea. What happens if “None of the Above” gets elected? [/quote]

Then Monty Brewster won’t get his millions.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
Tyler23 wrote:
Ahh, that’s easy enough to get out of. Just talk to your shoe or something during jury selection.

I was planning on trying to eat it. I want to be sure.

Make sure you ask them what your body fat is before you eat the shoe.

EDIT: (Is that too old of a reference to be funny anymore? Probably.)[/quote]

I like the shoe bit. It’s kind of an inside joke between the members that were here then.

If you are so irresponsible that you are not already registered I suggest you don’t bother voting.

If you are just turned 18 you may have an excuse.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Madman2 wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
Right, because we have to choose between a giant douche and a shit sandwich. I think I’m going to write in “none of the above.”

Sounds like a damn good idea. What happens if “None of the Above” gets elected?

Then Monty Brewster won’t get his millions. [/quote]

Ha! That dickhead in the glasses is going to screw him over at the last minute anyway.

Question here guys:

I live in Michigan. Work, live, rent an apt, etc. However, I am still registered to vote in Ohio and have an Ohio drivers license (I imagine they ID you when you arrive). WTF do I do? I would like to vote in Michigan and not have to drive 4 hours to Ohio to vote? Any help…

Edit: Yes, I am a total ass that this just now occurred to me. Please go easy on me.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Right, because we have to choose between a giant douche and a shit sandwich. I think I’m going to write in “none of the above.”[/quote]

This year I’m writing in Cobra Commander for president, with Destro as his running mate.

[quote]The Bambino wrote:
Question here guys:

I live in Michigan. Work, live, rent an apt, etc. However, I am still registered to vote in Ohio and have an Ohio drivers license (I imagine they ID you when you arrive). WTF do I do? I would like to vote in Michigan and not have to drive 4 hours to Ohio to vote? Any help…

Edit: Yes, I am a total ass that this just now occurred to me. Please go easy on me. [/quote]

Register in Michigan. You can use your old registration for six months after you move. After that it is void.

[quote]The Bambino wrote:
Question here guys:

I live in Michigan. Work, live, rent an apt, etc. However, I am still registered to vote in Ohio and have an Ohio drivers license (I imagine they ID you when you arrive). WTF do I do? I would like to vote in Michigan and not have to drive 4 hours to Ohio to vote? Any help…

Edit: Yes, I am a total ass that this just now occurred to me. Please go easy on me. [/quote]

You could request an absentee ballot from Ohio or register in Michigan.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
Right, because we have to choose between a giant douche and a shit sandwich. I think I’m going to write in “none of the above.”

This year I’m writing in Cobra Commander for president, with Destro as his running mate.[/quote]

I like that option.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Madman2 wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
Right, because we have to choose between a giant douche and a shit sandwich. I think I’m going to write in “none of the above.”

Sounds like a damn good idea. What happens if “None of the Above” gets elected?

Then Monty Brewster won’t get his millions. [/quote]

HA! I was trying to come up with a Brewster’s Millions reference and couldn’t come up with a good one.