Reggie Bush

Man is that picture in the powerful images of Reggie Bush amazing or what? I wonder what his training regiment must be. Anybody knows?

If you have ever seen Reggie Bush play, you would know he is not human. His genetics probably have a lot to do with his fitness level. Not saying he doesnt work for it, he probably does, I am just saying he is a rare breed.

I thought his first game as a pro was a good one. Catching passes, running the ball, returning kicks. I think he had over 140 all purpose yards for his debut. It should be fun to watch him this year.

No question that he has put on some size since he graduated. The guy simply has another gear…one of those rare guys that makes everyone else look like they’re moving in slo mo.

Where’s the pic??

nevermind…

[quote]boss99er wrote:
If you have ever seen Reggie Bush play, you would know he is not human. His genetics probably have a lot to do with his fitness level. Not saying he doesnt work for it, he probably does, I am just saying he is a rare breed.[/quote]

Sure genetics have something to do with it but this guy is a workhorse both in and out of the weightroom. If you listen to old stories about him…his family used to complain because he would spend too much time studying the running styles of running backs and then even more time alone trying to emulate them. Hes put in the work and now hes reaping the reward.

he’s looks awesome but does anyone know what his workout looks like?

[quote]Tryfon wrote:
he’s looks awesome but does anyone know what his workout looks like?[/quote]

His workout would be varied. Off-season, pre-season and in-season workouts would vary drastically.

It would be hard for elite athletes to put their program down on a piece of paper. It would vary week to week with their game requirements and etc.

I would be interested in seeing if anyone comes up with something.

[quote]Tryfon wrote:
he’s looks awesome but does anyone know what his workout looks like?[/quote]

As somebody said above, his workout likely changes very often, and would be near impossible to just write down on paper.

However, considering he’s a professional athelete, I would assume that Frequency and Intensity are the common denominators in everything he does. That doesn’t mean heavy weight training every time out, it just means that he busts his ass at whatever he’s doing (whether lifting, running, stretching, plyos, football practice, etc.).

So if you are trying to emulate his training, go read up on Waterbury’s High Frequency Training stuff and also Berardi’s G-Flux stuff for nutrition.

If you merely want his physique, then trying to mirror his training isn’t the ideal way to go. Since he’s a total genetic freak, what works for him might not work for you. To go for the physique, just try a typical bodybuilding bulk and cut routine.

You can search for those yourself; they’re everywhere on this site.

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:

If you merely want his physique, then trying to mirror his training isn’t the ideal way to go. Since he’s a total genetic freak, what works for him might not work for you. To go for the physique, just try a typical bodybuilding bulk and cut routine.
[/quote]

Spot on there.

A guy I know got right The Rocks training program out of Muscle & Fitness. It was apparently his current program.

They guy thought it would help him get a body like The Rock.

I burst his bubble by saying that The Rock had big time genetics, built a solid foundation with heavy Olympic, Compound lifts, wrestling and football specific training.

Simply by pulling out the 5x Per week @ 45 minutes a session in M&F magazine was not going to turn this guy into The Rock.

It is often the years of training before that have given them these fantastic physiques, not the current training program.

Reggie Bush = A younger, faster and more sure handed version of Warrick Dunn.

I still say he needs to gain juuuuuust a few more lbs of muscle before he can become a go to guy who touches the ball 35-40 times a game.

I taught him everything he knows. Ha ha Just kidding , but I do have a funny story.

How many people could say they shared the field or court with a MJ or B.Sanders.

Well I shared the Field with Reggie Bush

The Year was 92 or 93 I was at the top of my football game in HS. I was a junior, and I went to the famous Offense Defense football camp. Its a full contact 10 day camp. WHere you learn from Pros, Pro coaches, and college coaches. Not to mention they were Two a days.

Well after we started hitting and getting into practice, the end of a week we had like two bowl games.

There are age groups one for the older varsity players, and two for the younger kids.

Well for the younger kids We all stood around and made a huge bowl and held our hands up during there game.

There was this little 9 yr old running back that seemed to be on another planet. He moved left , moved right , juked like he was a liongazele. all the older kids were like DAMMM! and the Pros , such as ROnnie lot were jumping and screaming at this kids moves.

He wore a visor looked slightly bigger than the other kids. Honestly looked like he could beat me in the forty yard dash.

My teamate said to me man remember that name BUSH, which was etched on the back of his jersey.

Well watching a USC game , I saw him play. I called my friend and he didn’t even remember what he said.

I emailed the camp, gave them my name year and location and asked if it was true.

Had I shared the field with reggie bush?

They confirmed indeed I had. Ha ha!

just thought its kind of funny.
I mean if you saw jordan at 9 yrs old you probably would be glad you did.

[quote]Nicholas F wrote:

I still say he needs to gain juuuuuust a few more lbs of muscle before he can become a go to guy who touches the ball 35-40 times a game.[/quote]

35-40 times a game? He’s not a QB or center. He wasn’t the only guy who touched the ball at SC. They had a pretty decent power runner also.

[quote]Nicholas F wrote:

I still say he needs to gain juuuuuust a few more lbs of muscle before he can become a go to guy who touches the ball 35-40 times a game.[/quote]

LMAO 35-40 touches a game? I dont think there was a back in the league who touched the ball more then 30 times a game…and if they did that was considered alot. Take into consideration that the saints have split backs and he will never touch the ball more then 25 times(not counting receptions).

People place too much emphasis on weight in the NFL. You compare him to warrick dunn above and both of them (especially dunn) have proved you dont need to be huge to take on the load or be a beast in the NFL.

Edit: Larry Johnson had 1 game with 36 carries.

35-40 doesnt mean all rushing attempts with bush. 10-15 rushes, 10 or so catches, a couple punt returns…etc

[quote]Phoenix1911 wrote:
Nicholas F wrote:

I still say he needs to gain juuuuuust a few more lbs of muscle before he can become a go to guy who touches the ball 35-40 times a game.

LMAO 35-40 touches a game? I dont think there was a back in the league who touched the ball more then 30 times a game…and if they did that was considered alot. Take into consideration that the saints have split backs and he will never touch the ball more then 25 times(not counting receptions).

People place too much emphasis on weight in the NFL. You compare him to warrick dunn above and both of them (especially dunn) have proved you dont need to be huge to take on the load or be a beast in the NFL.

Edit: Larry Johnson had 1 game with 36 carries.[/quote]

I crap bigger than him.

He’s over rated.

You give him 30 touches/catches a game, and he’ll last maybe 2 years in the NFL.

Keep him at 10 - 15 and he’ll last longer.

He’s a dragster - not a jeep.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
He’s over rated.

You give him 30 touches/catches a game, and he’ll last maybe 2 years in the NFL.

Keep him at 10 - 15 and he’ll last longer.

He’s a dragster - not a jeep. [/quote]

This is the first time I’ve heard ANY reference ANYWHERE to Reggie Bush being “over-rated”. Furthermore, there is really no evidence anywhere (even apparently at the Pop Warner level per the above post) that he is “over-rated”. The guy has shined at every level, and based on what I saw last Sunday, he’ll be exceptional at the NFL level as well.

As far as the car analogy goes, I would liken him more to a Subie STi or Mitsu EVO…relatively small, powerful, fast as hell, and able to negotiate sharp corners with ease.

10-15 touches/game??? He’ll get many more than that.

The pic came from a photo spread from this month’s GQ. You can check out some other shirtless Reggie Bush pics here:

http://men.style.com/gq/fashion/landing?id=content_4801

Guy has some serious separation in his arms.