Regaining your Motivation

Good on ya, Hack! We’re all awaiting the progress reports.

I’m glad my comments were taken the right way. I know some people are sensitive about “rough” comments.(Even though what I said above could pass off as a Hallmark card in my books) Personally before I get started on anything (work related, fitness etc…) I always give myself a good trashing. I’ll remember past failures and tell myself that I’m a big loser, and that I am bound to repeat them. Its how I motivate myself… It might be dysfunctional, but its me. Actually the person I wish to make eat their words the most is me.

Here’s my late reply: About the soreness, it may be bad now, but the more your muscles get used to weight training, the less there’ll be. Secondly, if you’re finding it tough to get to the gym, make sure your workouts are 20-30 mins (can still be quite brutal, believe me). Keeping sessions short has a positive psychologyical effect before going. Next find some physique goals that will keep you motivated. If losing all that fat sounds appealing, cut your carbs and count calories and perhaps even look into taking sensible dosages of ephedrine. If its gaining muscle, up the protein (should do this anyway) and get onto a hypertrophy program. If its strength, forget all exersizes except the majors. Just make sure that you’re on a route that ensures progress in the direction that you want. Diet is real important, no matter what route that is.

Well Pumping Iron got taking off the selves at all rental stores because Arnold is smoking a joint. My roommate just rented it and never took it back to blockbuster. In fact everyone i know that has it did the same thing.

What’s the point? Exactly! Answer that question and it will be your motivation. I decided awhile ago that I wasn’t gonna be old and fat (like so many others) and complain about my ailments to any one that’ll listen. Every time I see a fat slob I think to myself “I’m never gonna let myself look like that”. That’s my motivation. (that, and I want every gal in site to druel when they look at me) You can’t help gettin’ older but you have all the say in the world about your health. Make “good health” your hobby. Visit this site alot and maybe get a training partner. Good luck.

there are tons of them for sale on ebay, thats where I got mine