How to Regain Strength and Mass After Surgery?

So tomorrow im going to get gynecomastia surgery (pubertal kind, always been natty) and was wondering which program will bring me back to actual strength and mass the fastes way after I’ll recover and be able to train! Experience or opinions would help a lot. Thanks

Any well developed program will do it. There are a LOT here on t-nation. Check out the articles.

2 Likes

So tomorrow im going to get gynecomastia surgery (pubertal kind, always been natty) and was wondering which diet will bring me back to actual strength and mass the fastest way after I’ll recover and be able to train! Experience or opinions would help a lot… generally the foods I eat the most are:
Ground meat, basmati rice, bananas, whey, natural peanut butter, kellogs extra cereal, pasta, fresh mozzarella cheese… fav cheat meal are double cheeseburgers and pizza (classic being an italian).

There are no shortcuts to recovering. I’ve never had gyno surgery before but I have had surgery before that put me out the gym for about a year. What I’d recommend you do is between now and when you’re able to get back to training after surgery is you maintain a healthy diet at around your maintenance calories. Being healthy around the time of surgery is very important for obvious reasons.
When you are able to get back into the gym after surgery you should start a lean bulk, again making sure it is relatively healthy as your body will still be healing long after surgery. As far as your training goes, do not throw yourself back into it because you’ll likely hurt yourself. Take it slowly.
Best of luck.

I’ll be honest unless come major complication occurs. The amount of time away from any type of activity
I think would not be long considering what is being done.

Probably 2 months but i tend to lose mass and strength quite fast despite a good diet

Have you been checked for a metabolic disorder?

I have done hormones exams and only prolactin was a problem

Have you checked for flesh eating bacteria? Rapid muscle loss is definitely something to be concerned about.

1 Like

Not really… hows that exam is called?

I would just express to your medical provider that you are experiencing rapid muscle loss and have them determine the testing personally.

1 Like