Refrigerating Flameout?

Nuts, just noticed that you are supposed to refrigerate the pills after opening?

If they are not refrigerated after opening does this cause a change in quality of the pills?

thanks.

Bingo.

Bump… also looking for an answer

Crap…

Damn, I completely missed that as well.

Man, I keep my fish oil in the car. Makes the capsules just melt in your mouth. You should try it.

It shouldn’t be a big deal unless you left it open in the sun for 2 weeks.

Just throw them in the freezer next time.

I think the fish oil starts to oxidize and go bad. I went through a whole bottle before I realized this as well.

Well, I guess it pays to read the entire label. I’ve used several bottles and just left them in the cabinet. Into the frig they go! Thanks for pointing this out.

[quote]Curzon wrote:
Man, I keep my fish oil in the car. Makes the capsules just melt in your mouth. You should try it.[/quote]

hahahaha…that’s just gross!!

I’ve never refridgerated mine…they become really soft in the cabinet. I don’t have the luxury of Air Conditioning where I live.

To your knowledge (and my laziness) does flax oil have the same deal?

[quote]masse wrote:
To your knowledge (and my laziness) does flax oil have the same deal?[/quote]

Yes

If Flameout is not cooled after opening the bottle how much will it affect the product? I’m about to leave on a trip and I’m probably not going to be able to keep it as cool as the label states. Any info on this would be great.

[quote]ozzi wrote:
If Flameout is not cooled after opening the bottle how much will it affect the product? I’m about to leave on a trip and I’m probably not going to be able to keep it as cool as the label states. Any info on this would be great. [/quote]

ozzi,

While I’m not saying you should ignore the label recommendations, I honestly don’t think it will be that great of a deal. Provided that you keep it away from light, excess heat (i.e., much higher than room temperature), and moisture, it should be fine.

But, whenever possible, keep it refrigerated.

Cy,

Is there any of the other Biotest products that would benifit from being refrigerated?

Thanks for your time.

[quote]wings_931 wrote:
Cy,

Is there any of the other Biotest products that would benifit from being refrigerated?

Thanks for your time.[/quote]

Nope, that would be about it.

Fish oil keeps much longer in the fridge.
I keep mine in the fridge.
I don’t think it would be a bad idea to keep it in the fridge at all.

just ordered some, will do.

My guess is it would also depend on how fast you are going through it. If you buy 2 bottles, it’s best to keep the unopened one in the fridge since you won’t be using it for a while. The opened one couple probably be kept in a cool dry place, as long as you are using it everyday and it is never exposed ot higher temps. Not saying it won’t still go bad, but I really find it hard to believe it could in that short of time.

For those of you going on trips- don’t take the whole bottle. Just take what you need for the days you’re going to be gone.