Refresher

Funny, you get off the forum for about 6 months and you start to question things you once knew. In order to cut up quickly I have cut out carbs and going the high protein/fat route. That aside, a few questions:

Can you still build muscle on a ketogenic diet?

Creatine ok to take during this?

I still have several bottles of MD6 in my stockpile, would this enhance the fat loss while in ketosis?

“Can you still build muscle on a ketogenic diet?”

This would be really tough. I think a beginner with barely any muscle could gain some lean mass while cutting some fat, but a more experienced lifter might have a tough time with it. But, check out CT’s article this week. He did gain a few lbs. of muscle while cutting.

“Creatine ok to take during this?”

Creatine wouldn’t hurt you, but I actually stopped taking creatine after I started going low-carb (under 30 a day) about 2 weeks ago. Since I cut so much of the volume out of my training, I didn’t see the point of taking creatine until I go back to tougher, longer workouts. Most of my time in the gym is spent doing cardio or sprints now, so creatine wouldn’t benefit me as much as it used to. I think the answer to this question could be better answered knowing your training schedule.

“I still have several bottles of MD6 in my stockpile, would this enhance twhe fat loss while in ketosis?”

Yes. Wanna sell any of those?

Phaedrus

Phaedrus nailed it.

I, myself, don’t seem to be able to build muscular hypertrophy while ketogenic (or near it).