Refined Physique Transformation

This method of cutting (A Mix of heavy weights and seperater lactate work) is the best way to cut IMO. It works VERY well for me, keeping strength and size whilst dropping fat at a decent rate. I am currently using it again now. I recommend using 3 heavy days and 2 metabolic pairing days as apposed to the lactate sessions listed in Destroying the fat. You can GAIN muscle whilst losing fat on this plan btw…providing your diet is spot on and you fix any deficiencies you have etc.

You diet REALLY needs work bro. You need far more whole food, as apposed to all that whey. My recommendation would be to simply eat meat, chicken, fish, eggs, greens and no carbs etc. Ensure a meat and nuts breakfast every morning. Get in 1.5-1.75g/lb of protein spread over 5-7 meals and fats, 0.5-0.75g/lb, seperated with each meal, except for para workout shakes. Have ONE big cheat meal a week.

The above macro’s look decent, just the food choices aren’t great. Drop the carbs…you dont NEED them, until you lean.

Goodluck,
GJ

Follow the article as it was written. It is an excellent article and, if followed correctly, will give many people great results.
I take it you aren’t having many oats in the 6:30 meal if your total carbs for the day are 56g.
I’d have more real food and save the whey for around the workout.

Low carbs work for cutting. PERIOD.

[quote]bicepenvy wrote:
Low carbs work for cutting. PERIOD.[/quote]

I disagree. A caloric deficit works for cutting. PERIOD.

Ive always wondered how this kind of training would work for a mass gaining phase, maybe add in one extra heavy lifting day. Maybe a good way to keep gains lean. Almost use the lactic workouts for a G-Flux type effect…

Divide up the shoulder and arms days maybe ?

And what exactly is the lactic workouts? The way I understand is pretty much a full body workout but little rest?

[quote]Gymjunkie wrote:
I recommend using 3 heavy days and 2 metabolic pairing days as apposed to the lactate sessions listed in Destroying the fat. [/quote]

What makes the metabolic pairings superior to lactate circuits? I ask because I’m doing the latter and I think they’re excellent for body comp.

Thib has an article re the addition of “Control Days” to use during mass phases. Look into it.

GJ

[quote]jlutz3 wrote:
And what exactly is the lactic workouts? The way I understand is pretty much a full body workout but little rest?[/quote]

Check out this article and the article discussion forum.

[quote]JamesBrawn007 wrote:
Gymjunkie wrote:
I recommend using 3 heavy days and 2 metabolic pairing days as apposed to the lactate sessions listed in Destroying the fat.

What makes the metabolic pairings superior to lactate circuits? I ask because I’m doing the latter and I think they’re excellent for body comp.[/quote]

This is the article about metabolic pairings.

I think lactate circuits and metabolic pairings are both good.

This is my favorite fat loss routine ever; the setup is pretty darn perfect, and there are no full-body circuits with little rest:
http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/bodybuilding/getting_hypermetabolic

CT said that this was an update to the Destroying Fat routine.