T Nation

Refined Physique Transformation Help

Alright, to start off I’ve lifted weights, although not as seriously as I would like to. I am 15 years old and currently hovering at around 168 pounds and 21% body fat as a result of poor nutrition choices and a pretty sedentary lifestyle. Over the past 3 months I’ve lost 20 pounds and 6% body fat, and I think it’s time for a change in my routine.

I want to reduce the amount of body fat I have to around 12% before starting to add mass again. What I wanted is some guidance on my plan, and whether or not everything looks good.

I will be following CT’s Refined Physique Transformation Plan which is:
Monday: Chest and back heavy

Tuesday: Legs, heavy

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday: Lactate-inducing workout, then 30 minutes low-intensity ESW

Friday: Arms (heavy) and Shoulders

Saturday: Lactate-inducing workout, then 30 minutes low-intensity ESW

Sunday: OFF

The exercises i’ve chosen are as follows (i used to work with 3x12 rep ranges)

Chest + Back
Flat DB Bench 3x8
Overhand Barbell Rows 3x8
Flat Dumbell Flyes 3x8
High Pulley Cross-Rowing 3x8
Dips 3x6
Pull-Ups 3x6
Legs
Squat 3x8
Leg Curl 3x8
Split Squat 3x10
Trap Bar Deadlift 3x8
Walking Lunges 3x20 (total)
Back Extension 3x12
Arms shoulders
Military Press 3x8
Close Grip Bench Press 3x8
Bicep Curl 3x8
Dumbell Lateral Raise 3x8
Face Pulls 3x8
Lactate Inducing repeated 5 times
Overhead Squat x 6-8
Swings (like kettlebell swings) x 6-8
Bentover Row x 8-10
Reverse Lunge and Twist x 8-10 total
Diagonal Chops x 6-8 each side

Nutrition wise I am planning to follow what CT has said in the article, and I do not have access to a gym untill the new year, so I am going to work on dialing in the nutrition he talks about in the article untill then.
For Workout Nutrition I plan to have Surge Recovery during the workout, and post workout some Metabolic Drive and a lean protein source.

Thanks.

If your trying to follow the program as it was written you need to make a few alterations.

1. You have too many exercises on Chest+Back and Legs days. Chest+Back is 2 chest and 2 back exercises. Leg day is 2 quad and 2 hamstring exercises.

2. The lactate circuits consist of 3 separate circuits with 5 exercises each and hit upper and lower body. Your circuit consists of mostly leg exercises. Check the destroying fat article discussion for sample circuits.

I’m not saying what you have won’t work but it isn’t exactly how the program was designed.

There is no magic formula or perfect “workout” or supplement. Just stick to the basic lifts, push yourself, eat often and repeat. Continue reading everything you can on the subject. Try out new stuff you learn. If it works, stick with it. If it doesn’t, move on to something different. (Book of David 1:1).

Give it time so you can fully determine whether a program is working for you or not. If you give something a week and then decide it doesn’t work, you might as well have been jacking off for that entire week instead. (Book of David 1:1a)