Reeve's Deadlift

Are these useful for anything? Anyone ever tried them? How many reps per set? Please discuss! Thanks!

The only use I can think of in comparison to a normal snatch-grip deadlift would be the added grip work.

I think it also might have an additional upper/middle back challenge to it.

its a competitive lift in the USAWA. thats the how and why. :wink:

^ Man. Just had a look at the USAWA rulebook… That’s some thick reading!

So would you guys suggest doing Reeve’s deadlifts or kroc rows? I’m doing 5/3/1 and am going to do one or the other for assistance work on my deadlift day.

Why not do both? I do snatch grip deadlifts on squat day, and krow rows on upper body days.

kroc rows. do the reeves deads as extra work that is not needed but done for fun.

[quote]matias95 wrote:
Why not do both? I do snatch grip deadlifts on squat day, and krow rows on upper body days. [/quote]
I’m doing the Boring But Big assistance template and it suggests one assistance exercise after the main lift and the first assistance exercise.

For whatever it’s worth, in Reeves’ book “Building the Classic Physique”, this pic is included with the caption:

“300 pounds by the fingers - Steve performed this warm-up lift while training at the York Barbell Club Gym for the Mr. Universe contest.”

So in terms of what to shoot for, that’s a 6’1", 215-pound bodybuilder using 300 on what could be a 5 or 6-foot bar as a “warm-up.”