Reenactment Pics

thought some of these were cool, from last weekend. 3day multi-period bash in a real nice wildlife park in norfolk, great camping and MOPS (members of public)- inquisitive and not too thick. good fight shows (each group had 10mins to do their own), i thought we were the best there, everyone else just hits each other shields.
a profesional photographer took loads of good pics on saturday

http://www.joebridge.co.uk/tourism/Pensthorpe%20Medieval%20Fayre%20Photos%2023%20August%202008%20by%20Joe%20Bridge/album/index.html

are group is 15th row down, im wearing chain maille and a kettle hat, fighting a guy in blue

also some photos dad took:

archers kit

me, as a poor squire on sunday and monday

the two guys in C.15th harness (full plate) were really good too, wacking the shit out of each other with pole-axes

Screw everybody else, I think this shit is awesome. If I had shitloads of money, I’d get full Byzantine Kataphrakt armour, a horse too!

good stuff, man

omg LAWFFLEcopter

Archery- Best sport ever.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Screw everybody else, I think this shit is awesome. If I had shitloads of money, I’d get full Byzantine Kataphrakt armour, a horse too![/quote]

Ditto. I’d fucking love to get dressed up in armour and get into axe/mace/swordfights and shit.

[quote]anonym wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Screw everybody else, I think this shit is awesome. If I had shitloads of money, I’d get full Byzantine Kataphrakt armour, a horse too!

Ditto. I’d fucking love to get dressed up in armour and get into axe/mace/swordfights and shit.[/quote]

We should bring back real gladiators using prison inmates. Battle to the death. Cheap execution that brings in gigantic revenue.

word

[quote]Rattler wrote:
anonym wrote:
Rattler wrote:

Ditto. I’d fucking love to get dressed up in armour and get into axe/mace/swordfights and shit.

We should bring back real gladiators using prison inmates. Battle to the death. Cheap execution that brings in gigantic revenue.

word[/quote]

Shit, man, I’m getting my fill of that watching The Condemned on Showtime as I write this.

Why limit it to prisoners, though? You gotta think there are SOB’s out there in society crazy enough to go at it for a cheap buck. Let’s get the cream of the crop.

[quote]anonym wrote:
Rattler wrote:
anonym wrote:
Rattler wrote:

word

Shit, man, I’m getting my fill of that watching The Condemned on Showtime as I write this.

Why limit it to prisoners, though? You gotta think there are SOB’s out there in society crazy enough to go at it for a cheap buck. Let’s get the cream of the crop.[/quote]

Them too of course, but prisoners are easy to get. Just like the Romans did. Prisoners of war, criminals and people who are just crazy and want in on the life. Let them do it, BUT… that will never happen in this society. Unfortunately, it would save us a lot of money from clogged up prisons

[quote]Rattler wrote:
anonym wrote:
Rattler wrote:
anonym wrote:
Rattler wrote:

word

Why limit it to prisoners, though? You gotta think there are SOB’s out there in society crazy enough to go at it for a cheap buck. Let’s get the cream of the crop.

Them too of course, but prisoners are easy to get. Just like the Romans did. Prisoners of war, criminals and people who are just crazy and want in on the life. Let them do it, BUT… that will never happen in this society. Unfortunately, it would save us a lot of money from clogged up prisons[/quote]

Reminds me of a book - Those About to Die by Daniel P. Mannix - takes you through a large part of the Roman Games, from where the gladiators came from (slaves fighting to the death to honour a fallen nobleman), the charriot races (totally brutal) and moving on to the inginuity and decadance of the full blown Roman Empire.

They were so inventive - The circus maximus could seat as many people as the big US football stadiums and could be covered over when it was too hot or raining. Given the time this is amazing.

They could also flood it and reenacted sea battles.

There is a confirmed account of them raising a small mountain set in the centre with water all round. Girls with beautiful voices sang on boats in the water and a greek singer was stood in the centre. As the audience became bored, wild animals were released on the mountain which tore the greek singer to pieces. Then crocodiles and hippos were released into the water and the boats were scuttled so the girls fell into the water to be eaten too.

Gruesome but fascinating history.

/hijack.

Caveman - great photo’s - Is this event on every year?

To heck with prisoners. Armed combat should determine our next president.

Holy crap. How do i sign up for this.

this is sweeett how do you join?

there are definitely parts of reenactments which are very lame… but most groups center around fighting anf I think its awesome lol

I plan on majoring in History and becoming A weapons expert (ancient-Medieval)

I won A Award for Academic Achievement in Military history last year =P