T Nation

Reeds Log

LMAO Vinny I just laughed so hard my shoulder hurts again

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
Future summary from Reeds next meet

Squat: I popped my jugular on my opener and lost half of my weight in blood, but I took 700 anyway 550x1-600x1-700x1!!!

one cannot resist

“It’s still your mother fucking set, bitch.” - Abraham Lincoln, 1993[/quote]

It’s when you post stuff like this that I miss the weird ass comments Spartee used to come out with

[quote]MaazerSmiit wrote:

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
Future summary from Reeds next meet

Squat: I popped my jugular on my opener and lost half of my weight in blood, but I took 700 anyway 550x1-600x1-700x1!!!

one cannot resist

“It’s still your mother fucking set, bitch.” - Abraham Lincoln, 1993[/quote]

It’s when you post stuff like this that I miss the weird ass comments Spartee used to come out with[/quote]

I wonder where Spartee got to?

He is still all over FB but I think he is laying low until his leg stops giving him problems

Nice lifts. I believe you will hit an easy 1600 some day.

It’s kind of a shame about your shoulder, but it has to be good to know that even hurting you were good for a PR.

Thanks Trivium I think had I not injured my Shoulder 615/350/600 would have happened Sunday so honestly on a good no mistake solid day 1600 is just right around the corner

9 weeks out of the Gritmas Classic in Cleveland TN. Gonna try and keep my sessions logged on here just for fun. Only training 2 days a week with a possible 3rd day dedicated to upper back. Doing Ab Wheel and Planks pretty much every other day of the week how ever.

Today’s training was a Light Squat and Heavy Pullday. Next week will be the opposite.

CAT Squats: 375 for 5x5
Deadlift: 500 for 2x5 and 1x9 miscounted unfortunately.
One Leg Squat to Box: 25lbs for 3 sets of 15 per leg.
Stiff Legged Deads w/ Band Around Waist:225 for 3x12
Weighted Planks: 3x60 secs with 90lbs

Back and some arms. Took about 40 mins. In and out before bed. Really trying to get this third day in but just tired as shit after 12 hours and bouncing around on a Dozer all day. Rainy days coming up though with the weather change. Will make training easier but paying for it harder haha.

DB Rows Pulled Into Lower Stomach Reps Listed Per Hand:
40s for 20
50s for 20
60s for 20
75s for 20
100s for 15

Wide Grip Pulldown:
3x20 with 180lbs

Seated Rope Face Pulls:
40 for 20
50 for 20
60 for 20

Hammer Curls:
25s for 20
30s for 20
35s for 20
40s for 12 drop set to 25s for 12

Pretty good bench day today. Felt off but I didn’t work so my lazy ass didn’t take my fluid and sodium intake seriously. Could tell big time.

Comp Bench Every Rep Paused:Worked up to RPE8 1 with 380. Then dropped down to 330 for 5x5 and long pause on last rep of each set.

Incline Close Grip Bench:
235 for 8

Overhead Reverse Laterals:
25s for 15
30s for 15
35s for 15

DB Strict Lying Extensions:
35s for 12
40s for 12
45s for 10
50s for 8,8,8

Horrible squat day. Head wasn’t in it at all. Onky lift I’m even posting is the 505 I took right before I added wraps. Every wrapped set was dog shit. But 505 in sleeves moved amazing. Worked up to 700 for a triple and then a single trying save some thing. Just not a good day. Needed it for 5 atleast to be confident moving forward.

You’ve been at this long enough to know that some days are just tougher than others for who knows what reason.

I’ve been on a deadlift roll recently and PR’d four times in two months (605-610-615-620) but there are still days that my first pull at 495 feels like a million pounds & I don’t go any higher than that.

Rest up, just kill it next time.

Finally I’ve found someone stronger than me who also squats in toe shoes. I love it! Mine are just about at the end of their service life, but barefoot lifting’s always felt right for me.

Good luck at the upcoming meet! That’s not too shabby for bad-day strength.

Yeah its not really the lift. Just life shit hitting hard and I’m letting it get the better of me. Lift not going how it should have was just icing on the pissed off cake.

Lol man I’m the biggest advocate of barefoot lifting, walking, running, and living you will ever meet. One of the big reasons I have been leaning toward RPS meets since they allow completely barefoot squatting and deadlifting

So I quit my job today. I’m finally stepping out on my own away from my father’s business and I’m risking starting my own personal training and diet system. Online and in person. Have done it off and on for years on the side. I’m nervous as hell but let’s see what happens.

Good luck to you man. Im sure you will do just fine.

That’s awesome, I wish you luck man! It takes some good sized cojones to chase the dream.

Thanks guys I hope so. Definetly beyond nervous about it though.

Comp Squat Belt and Sleeves: Worked up to 535 for 4 (rpe8) felt like a truck so called it. Looked fine on video just something is bogging me down real hard. Guessing just stress and nervousness.

Comp Pause Bench Press: worked up to 365 for 1 (rpe8) then dropped back down to 275 and worked back up to 315 for 4 (rpe9). I am moving my grip in in an attempt to hopefully be stronger that my normal almost illegally wide bench. Feels much stronger off chest but mid way to lock out is stupid hard.

Nuetral Grip Pulldowns: 3x15 RPE9

Very uneventful, uncaffiened, music volume on 50%, unmotivated early Deadlift session. Trying to stay as unpumped up as possible on Deadlift day so not to fry my self for squats later in the week.

Deadlifts: Worked up to 525 for 1 rpe8 then 455 for 3x4
Incline Close Bench Press: 255 for 6x2 rpe8
Cable Rows: a million