T Nation

Reed vs Nikos Race to a 700 Back Squat/500 Front Squat

Nikos does not know I am making this yet. We have been talking alot on other boards lately and both of us are very very close in lifting stats right now minus my bench as every 12 year old benches more than I do haha. He said playfully he would race me and I gladly accepted the challenge as when you have a goal and competition shit gets done much faster in my opinion. So Nikos I formally challenge you to the race.

If you don’t want to participate we can just let this thread die out.

But, if you do for the official race just a few rules.

1. Belt, Sleeves, and Wraps are all acceptable.
  2. Body weight does not matter.
  3. All claims to the big numbers must be videoed

I’m also going to post all squat training and video here kinda like a Squat log and hope and encourage you to do the same as will make this much more interesting.

[quote]Reed wrote:
Nikos does not know I am making this yet. We have been talking alot on other boards lately and both of us are very very close in lifting stats right now minus my bench as every 12 year old benches more than I do haha. He said playfully he would race me and I gladly accepted the challenge as when you have a goal and competition shit gets done much faster in my opinion. So Nikos I formally challenge you to the race.

I’m also going to post all squat training and video here kinda like a Squat log and hope and encourage you to do the same as will make this much more interesting.
[/quote]

Not accepting the challenge? Don’t kid yourself haha. I’m in. Let the best one win!

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:

[/quote]

Not accepting the challenge? Don’t kid yourself haha. I’m in. Let the best one win![/quote]

Lol I planned on it. Lol just fucking with you I’m excited.

I actually think I should jump in on this…I’ve thrown up vids from time to time, but I really need to get a camcorder or something (old phone guy here). 700 is my next goal…the 500 front squat will take some work…but i have been focusing on it anyways! Know I’m not on the forums as much as most so a few stats:

24 years old
~290#
Best squats to date are:
660 with wraps (questionable depth)
585 with belt
605 high bar with wraps

I don’t know what videos I have, but I can throw in my squat training here if that’s the plan going forward

[quote]BigDawg6593 wrote:
I actually think I should jump in on this…I’ve thrown up vids from time to time, but I really need to get a camcorder or something (old phone guy here). 700 is my next goal…the 500 front squat will take some work…but i have been focusing on it anyways! Know I’m not on the forums as much as most so a few stats:

24 years old
~290#
Best squats to date are:
660 with wraps (questionable depth)
585 with belt
605 high bar with wraps

I don’t know what videos I have, but I can throw in my squat training here if that’s the plan going forward[/quote]

I don’t mean to be a dick about this but, and I mean no offense here. This thread was made specifically as a challenge to Nikos by me. That’s why it is Titled “Reed vs Nikos”. There is a 700 Squat thread made for guys just looking for the number. But, this was made to document his and myself challenge for the year to each other. Not really a place for every one to hop in. I guess I can’t stop you from posting up every thing here but, it is not the purpose of this thread.

sorry, misunderstood the intent. i’ll stay outta the thread now.

[quote]BigDawg6593 wrote:
sorry, misunderstood the intent. i’ll stay outta the thread now.[/quote]

I seriously don’t mean to sound like a dick but your already a mile a head of us both lol wouldn’t quite be much of a fair race but, please don’t abondon the thread your advice and critique would be insanely appreciated.

No problem…i had been up a long time when I read the thread and completely misinterepretted it. Yea, I’ll watch here no doubt, you guys are top notch

17/2/14 First squat workout logging

Front squat, a2g, no belt, worked up to 145kg/320 pounds x5

Back squat, low bar, with belt, no wraps, worked up to 210kg/463 pounds x5.

Morning weight was 100.9kg/222 pounds.

Very low volume opener week and I murdered that shit lol. Hate to sound cocky and douchish, but to night I squat more than I have ever had on my back and did it with style and ease. Very motivated now.

Squat:
140 for 3 sets of 10
190 for 10
230 for 5
280 for 3
320 for 3
370 for 3

• add light self wraps -
    410 for 1
    470 for 1
    550 for 2. I seriously thought I was going to get stapled here and it was one of the easiest squats I have ever taken but, I psyched myself out. I planned on barely grinding 1 but it was so easy I took another and was just as easy. I should have hit 3 and 4 with a grind was possible but, this wassupposed to be a easy session so I just racked it at 2.

Weighed in at 218 right before this Squat.

24/4/14

Front squat
Worked up to 150kg (330 pounds) x5, atg with no belt or wraps.

Back squat
Worked up to 475x5, with only belt on.

Some abs and done. Reed, I am coming for you.

585 for 1 set of 1, and 1 sets of 2. Didnt get the second set which suck because it was a bad ass looking set on camera.