T Nation

Reebok Easytones

the gf was debating getting some Reebok Easytones as her friends told her they were “amazing”, and I’ve never heard of them and was wondering if anyone had any input, I’ve been trying to sell her on Free’s but she isn’t biting.

Bullshit pseudo-science. If she needs a real shoe, get her a pair of Vibrams.

tried hitting her?

I had a big argument about these at work today. LOL.

My opinion is this: If you think a balancing on a bosu ball will build muscle then it would be a good idea. I think it’s garbage.

Women ‘feel’ them working because it’s the first time they are thinking about their muscles while they walk. IMO, of course.

I think theyd actually help with ankle stability. Or at least a chance for some people.

Obviously they will do nothing for body composition.

Thanks folks, I’m gonna try and talk some sense into her

get the frees. i got them and love them. i also know a lot of people that love the vibram. good luck

I enjoy the commercials for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioi8wn6U754&feature=related

they probably work for the first 3 days and then your muscles acclimate to them. but most fitness products are founded on selling people their already easy to get newbie gains

People who fall for this stuff are fools.

I was quite saddened to see Joe Montana doing a commercial for them. I mean, I understand the need for money, but come on.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
People who fall for this stuff are fools.

I was quite saddened to see Joe Montana doing a commercial for them. I mean, I understand the need for money, but come on.[/quote]

Different product.

The ‘shape-ups’ (the ones that montana endorses) are by far the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever tried on. They look rediculous but I can easily see how they can improve knee pain. Seriously feels like walking on a cloud and there’s no impact at all. I’d wear them if they didnt look they way they do or if I worked a job where I was on my feet all day.

yeah i hear the calf burn goes away after a few good runs with them. i dont think i would like them. i hate having things inbetween my toes.

[quote]Young Devil Dog wrote:
get the frees. i got them and love them. i also know a lot of people that love the vibram. good luck[/quote]

I’m on my 3rd pair of Nike Free. No better shoe for lifting IMO. Chuck’s are very good also.