Reducing Bodyfat, Meal Plan Help

Hi Guys,

Im new to TNation and from what I have read this looks like an awesome knowledge base and place to ask my questions.

I am trying to reduce my BF% in order to hopefully show abs, I have lost around 22kg in the last year and I just want to get a bit leaner. I’m hoping you can help me with my eating plan.

I work out in the mornings and do fasted cardio after my weights session and then have breakfast.

My macros are as follows:
Cals 1500
P-151g
C-113g
F-50g

Meal 1 (Breakfast and Post workout
80g oats
protein shake
20g peanut butter

Meal 2 - Snack
Lean protein source (size dependent on left overs)
Cabbage + red capsicum (stiry fry)

Meal 3 - Lunch
Rice/sweet potato
Lean protein source - 125g
100g broccoli or stiry fry veg

Meal 4 - Snack
Protein shake (If im teaching I can’t always eat a meal)
or
Protein source
100g broccoli/green beans or salad

Meal 5 - Dinner
Lean protein source 125g
100g broccoli/green beans or salad

Meal 6 - Bed
Dymatize casein
20g peanut butter

I would really appreciate any help :slight_smile: I have only upped my carbs and cals this week and included the peanut butter for fat.

Height/weight?

1500 seems too low unless you are throwing cheats in frequently, or unless you’re very small and not lifting much.

Also all your fat calories are coming from peanut butter. Some saturated fat is useful as well. If you want an easy solution just buy and put some cream (30ml of mine is like 15g of fat) in your shakes.

Need more info but it would probably be helpful to up your calories. Protein some, fat a little, carbs a little.

Loose some of the peanut butter for extra virgin olive oil, maybe distribute the fat a more evenly through out the day.
Are the macros based on your bodyweight? Otherwise what made you decide to start there? As was said above unless you happen to weigh less than 150 pounds that seems like a really low starting point and I’d be concerned about bottoming out calories quickly.

Also might want to consider not lifting fasted, even if you just split meal one into two and then have half pre and half postworkout.

Add up the total grams of protien in meal 3 and 5 then look at you daily macros. It doesn’t add up. Try again…

[quote]Power Penguin wrote:
Cals 1500
P-151g
C-113g
F-50g
[/quote]
LBM = Lean Body Mass

LBM * 1.5 = Grams of Protein/Day
LBM * 1 = Grams of Carbs/Day
LBM * 0.5 = Grams of Fat/DAY

^This^ is your starting point. Unless you weigh 100 pounds your macros are off.

His macros don’t match what is listed in the meals so his calories are way off as well.

[quote]JLone wrote:

Cals 1500
P-151g
C-113g
F-50g
[/quote]
LBM = Lean Body Mass

LBM * 1.5 = Grams of Protein/Day
LBM * 1 = Grams of Carbs/Day
LBM * 0.5 = Grams of Fat/DAY

^This^ is your starting point. Unless you weigh 100 pounds your macros are off. [/quote]

Fat intake seems a little on the low side.

My own personal experience favors lower carbohydrate/protein and higher fat for fat loss.

I am 100Kg and roughly 88Kg LBM.

Is 44g fat enough? 132 g protein seems tolerable. Adding this all up I would be eating less than 1300 kcal per day.

I would bump fat to 1 x LBM (kg) at the bare minimum to make it more sustainable.

This is still a hypocaloric diet but favors fat as fuel rather than carbohydrate + protein.

@LIFTICVSMAXIMVS, that formula I put up is for lb not kg.

Multiple your kg * 2.20462 then run it through.

[quote]JLone wrote:
@LIFTICVSMAXIMVS, that formula I put up is for lb not kg.

Multiple your kg * 2.20462 then run it through. [/quote]

I was just joking with you while highlighting the importance of providing correct units of measure.

Thanks for playing along.

:smiley:

Female
172 cm
57kg

Female
172 cm
57kg * 2.20462 = 125lbs

[/quote]
So based on the formula, I put in, you’re shooting to lose about 25 pounds?

If not you might be setting your intake too low.

And like I said before LBM is important in estimating a starting point. Weight is the first portion of that but without an estimation of BF% no one can estimate calorie requirements or give accurate opinions on your diet. (Unless there are glaring problems)

Wow, PP, you are already kind of slight of figure.

You do not seem over-fat as much as you might be under-muscular.

An other way to reduce relative fat mass is to increase lean mass.