T Nation

Reduced Shipping Costs

I want to buy some Grow! Whey protein from the T-Nation store and some Tees but the shipping to the UK is like 70 bucks!

I heard that if you spend over $150 you get reduced shipping costs, anyone know if its true and has anyone ordered stuff of the store to be delivered to england before?

[quote]Tomsobey7 wrote:
I want to buy some Grow! Whey protein from the T-Nation store and some Tees but the shipping to the UK is like 70 bucks!

I heard that if you spend over $150 you get reduced shipping costs, anyone know if its true and has anyone ordered stuff of the store to be delivered to england before?[/quote]

No. That was only for domestic orders over $150. Now all domestic orders have free shipping. Maybe if you place a huge order it would be more worthwhile?

Ok thanks, i might try that

Yeah, your order will stay around $60-70 so better to go on the large side. Be warned you will pay customs charges for the supplements here.

Are the customs charges definate? If they are how much do you think they’ll be?

[quote]Tomsobey7 wrote:
Are the customs charges definate? If they are how much do you think they’ll be?[/quote]

Yes.

It’s about 36 pounds per 100 pounds of goods. Best is to use FedEx as they deliver first, then send you a customs charge about 2 weeks later - you could choose to ignore it or pay it, depending on how lucky you’re feeling.

Thats quite alot. Have you avoided paying it before?

[quote]Tomsobey7 wrote:
Thats quite alot. Have you avoided paying it before?[/quote]

Yeah, a couple guys got away with avoiding them without problems.

I tried and they wouldn’t leave me alone and since I wanted to make future orders, I paid the amount owed.

Honestly, it’s something that needs to be done if you want to order supplements internationally, and it doesn’t pay to buy the supplements locally because they are more expensive (I mean Biotest supplements are more expensive if bought locally). If you know someone in the US, you could get your order shipped to them, and the have them resend it here as a gift to avoid customs charges.

Other than that, you’ll just have to suck it up.

Ok, thanks for the help. I guess i’ll just have to suck it up and pay!