T Nation

Rediscovering Power Drive

I hadn’t used the stuff since 2001. With all the hype surrounding Spike, I had forgotten about it. That was nuts. I’ve had three of the best workouts (better than with Spike) since rediscoverying this stuff.

Don’t forget about Power Drive. Sure, it’s been around for years and is not “in,” but the stuff is awesome. Plus, it’s cheap.

Yeah, I take it about an hour before my workouts when I’m doing low rep heavy weights… Like you said, its just as good as Spike, although I think its better for ME days, whereas Spike is best for higher volume and cardio workouts.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I think its better for ME days, whereas spike is best for higher volume and cardio workouts.[/quote]

My take, exactly. I actually only use Spike now for work stuff. Power Drive is my supplement of choice for the gym.

I have to come out of lurking (hello) to say I agree - Power Drive rocks.

I’ve been using it for a while and I still love the sense of wellbeing and how everything in the gym feels lighter.

I started using Power Drive when I went on the V-Diet, but I haven’t noticed anything special. Maybe the fact that my workouts didn’t suck balls during the V-Diet was the special part, huh?

I’ve still got 1 tub left and I’m looking forward to testing it at higher calories (although I’m still cutting) to see how it goes.

Do you guys take it on an empty stomach? As I train early in the a.m., I have to take it with my breakfast and HRX, so maybe it’s overkill.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
I started using Power Drive when I went on the V-Diet, but I haven’t noticed anything special. Maybe the fact that my workouts didn’t suck balls during the V-Diet was the special part, huh?

I’ve still got 1 tub left and I’m looking forward to testing it at higher calories (although I’m still cutting) to see how it goes.

Do you guys take it on an empty stomach? As I train early in the a.m., I have to take it with my breakfast and HRX, so maybe it’s overkill.[/quote]

I occasionally take it as a post workout recovery supplement. I’ll switch it up with Spike, pre-workout, every now and again. I’ve been relying less and less on Spike though, as I have to ween off of it before Marine Corps OCS.

Good stuff I agree and a staple that IMO that seems to get over looked of late

Phill

Power Drive is definetly the way I swing. Except I always take it with either HRX or a 200 mg caffeine tablet. With the caffeine it really makes for a great pre-workout buzz.

I like to go with a scoop of Power Drive and a Spike 30-45 minutes before my workout and I find that my concentration and energy last all the way through. Probably doesn’t hurt that I also drink Surge during my workout…but thats an entirely different thread.

I started using it last week, I liked it alot more than spike.

the tub was only about half full when i opend it, is that the normal amount?