T Nation

Redefining Dad Bod (JMaier31)

t-ransformation2019
strength
t-ransformation2018
bodybuilding
performance

If you eat you should grow with that amount of volume.
Damn man, those WOD’s looks tough like anything.

Yeah, they suck. That’s why I had to split it into two sessions.

Hang in there, man. Sorry things are so tough right now. “This, too, shall pass,” and all that.

Yeah, when I figure out how to run these damn things! They really don’t look too bad on paper. 10 minutes later… :face_vomiting:

I meant in life! But you’re still a badass for the WODs

I’m hanging on by a thread! Tomorrow is supposed to be the light at the end of the tunnel. We’re closing on our refinance and getting some cash back from the equity.

Woke at 238.4 lbs.

I don’t really know what I’m going to do today. I’m pretty worn out this morning. I think I might play on the machines and chase the pump.

@kleinhound, this looks doable.

And then I read that it’s 3 min AMRAP x 5 with only 1 minute of rest between rounds.

https://wodwell.com/wod/the-chief/

Training

LIMBER 11 WARM UP

SIDE PLANK + ABDUCTION
2 x 10 ea

LYING LEG CURL
80 x 15 x 2
superset with
STANDING CALF MACHINE (NEW TOY!)
150 x 15 + 20-30 sec stretch x 2

INCLINE BENCH 1.5 REPS
115 x 10, 10, 6

CABLE ROW 21s
140 x 8F/8T/8B
140 x 10F/6T/6B

REV CABLE Fly 21s
20 x 10F/10T/10B x 2

LATERAL CABLE CURL
20 x 30, 20 ea

CABLE Kickback 350 SET
30 ea x 25, 15, 12

AIR RUNNER (NEW TOY!)
Walk, jog 2:30, then run 30 sec, walk 2 min x 4 rounds. 12:30, 0.86 miles.

The Air Runner is freaking awesome! It’s so well cushioned that there’s not much impact. I feel great. My legs are smoked from yesterday so I couldn’t go very long but it felt awesome.

You’re a closet bodybuilder - knew it!

There’s a reason I haven’t reached my strength goals. I’d guess 85% of my training was bodybuilding focused (but not eating enough to grow) up until late 2016.

Training for looks allows me to have more variety but it also prevents me from following a good progression on any specific lift.

Once I’m capable I’ll probably do cleans and deadlifts for strength but just about everything else will be for looks. The gym has a new hack squat machine (at least that’s what an employee called it). I’ll probably give it a shot soon.

s-l300

And here’s the Air Runner I used today.

Nice workout J, those air runners are becomming very popular.
I haven’t tried them but they should be great.

They feel great. I think that one retails for $5000. :disappointed:

buy two :slight_smile:

The air runner looks awesome.

I like that machine. It’s not really a hack squat - to me, it more closely mimics a squat. I think the distinction is somewhat important because it changes how you set up your hips and back

That’s what I thought but it’s called the Hack Squat on their site. I like it. I never liked hack squats. It might be in my best interest to use that machine instead of going back to barbell squats.

Woke at 240.2 lbs. I had some less than healthy foods last night but I don’t think I did too bad. I didn’t have a lot of food overall yesterday so I’m sure I’ll be fine in a day or two. It’s not like it matters. I’m trying to lose a few lbs prior to January 1 but I’m not holding back on the holiday treats. Sunday I’ll be having Christmas at my grandparents’ house. Monday I’ll be going to my parents’ house. And Tuesday is Christmas with the in-laws. That one is an all day affair. I’ll try to do some damage control but I wouldn’t be surprised to see 245 on the scale by Wednesday.

Yeah I’ve just enjoyed the holiday and on non celaboratoy days I cut back some. When I’m with family or friends I enjoy the moments and just eat.

I’m just going to eat :blush: 200 here I come

There’s no point in restricting myself now. It’s supposed to be a season of joy and ,by golly, I get joy out of eating desserts!