Just. Don't. Suck (Part 1)

Keep it in the rotation, it’s a damn good 30 minute of condition.
Once in a while pick it again and try to beat the best time.

2 or 3 shorter WODs could do the trick… but how much energy is left after Cindy :slight_smile:
So a couple of giant sets and ending with Cindy (or another girl).

So no pain when you removed the wheel. Damn good.

2 Likes

Woke at 240.2 lbs.

Last night was my cheat meal. Well, I didn’t really go all out but I loosened up quite a bit. We had Mexican food after church. Chips, guacamole, beans, wild rice, etc. It was delicious. I just made a plate of nachos. I microwaved my plate of chips covered in shredded cheese and black beans. Once the cheese was melted I added wild rice, black olives, ground beef, lettuce, and a guacamole based salsa. It was delicious. My knuckles are swollen so my weight gain is just salt and water retention. No big deal.

4 Likes

Did the Limber 11 and some other stretching at home after work.

2 Likes

Woke at 237.8 lbs.

Training

LIMBER 11

CINDY (what a jerk)
7 rounds on 9:57. I was dying today. My rest after round 6 was extra long.

45 BACK EXT
25 x 15 x 2 sets
superset with
SMITH SA SHRUG
85 x 15/15 sec stretch/15 x 1 set

The nausea won the battle today. I just shut it down. I had a shake around 9 and got to the gym at 10. It wasn’t enough time to digest. I slowed down a bit on Cindy but I was still breathing very heavily.

I made it through five rounds unbroken and then I had to break up my push ups for the last two rounds. I think I might need to program some rest into this to avoid the nausea. Perhaps doing ea exercise every half minute or resting 20 sec between exercises would help.

These benchmark WODs make me wonder if they’re just for the advanced CrossFitter or if I’m that pathetic.

3 Likes

I think it’s for someone who’ve been doing CF for a while, with a high lactic acid threshold.
In no time you’ll be able to do all 10? rounds that’s the goal right.
You’re just not conditioned for it yet.

1 Like

Hang in there man. Reestablishing conditioning sucks

2 Likes

Also remember that something like Cindy is a small man’s WOD, while a taller guy like you would probably crush Jackie, especially on the row.

Barbara is also a good bodyweight one that incorporates rest, might be worth a look in

20 minutes AMRAP is Cindy. I’d call that a win. Chelsea is 30 minutes EMOM of the same stuff. As you can see by my pathetic seven rounds in 10 minutes, I couldn’t keep up with an EMOM pace.

This is a whole different beast than what I’ve known as conditioning. I think the best shape I’ve ever been in was during college basketball. I still don’t think that’s good enough for CrossFit benchmark WODs.

Thanks, I’ll look into those. I was actually going to just throw together some four exercise circuits today. Simple stuff - push/pull/legs/abs. I was going to do two or three circuits with three to four rounds through each one. It’d be conditioning and full body training all at the same time. But I looked at my notebook and had actually planned some stuff for today so I went with that. It didn’t work out.

I’m heading back to the Y tonight. Santa is coming and my daughter’s Kid Zone friend will be there so I’m taking her. I’m not sure if I have to stay or if it’s going to be a drop off like normal. If so, then I’ll probably go finish what I started this morning.

4 Likes

More Training

My daughter wanted to play in the Kid Zone after seeing her friend so I did some foam rolling and a couple of backwards drop sets.

LYING LEG CURL
65 x 20
80 x 15
95 x 5
65 x 10

LAT RAISE MACHINE
65 x 15
80 x 10
40 x 15

No rest between sets of leg curls or Lat raises. The Lat raise machine didn’t let me isolate my delts as well as cables so I walked away with a delt and trap pump. It’s not the worst feeling in the world.

1 Like

Woke at 239.0 lbs. I didn’t eat much yesterday so this is disappointing. I did, however, eat six pieces of deer jerky that was quite salty.

For the second Tuesday in a row I’m home with a sick kid. My son has a stomach bug. He seems to be doing fine but I’m not taking him to the Y to spread it around.

My plan for the day was to ride the Air Dyne again but that’s out. I’m thinking about killing myself with Barbara but subbing inverted rows for push ups.

Barbara
5 Rounds for Time

20 inverted rows
30 push ups
40 sit ups
50 air squats
Rest 3 min

Well, that’s 12 minutes of rest so I’m guessing this might take awhile…great. I miss barbells.

1 Like

Barbara

Rx: 5 rounds. I did 3.

Pull ups x 20 (I did inverted row)
Push Ups x 30
Sit ups x 40
Air Squat x 50
Rest 3 minutes

Round 1
4:18, everything unbroken except sit ups (30, 10)

Round 2
4:55. Rows and squats unbroken. Push ups - 24 unbroken. Sit ups - 20 unbroken.

Round 3
5:50. Rows and squats unbroken. Push ups - 15 unbroken. Sit ups - 20 unbroken.

Total time - 21:18. Nausea arrived shortly after I shut it down. I’m still sitting on my bench waiting for it to pass so I can move.

Those sets of squats seem to go on forever.

3 Likes

Back for More

I felt guilty for quitting early (even though I was failing reps) so I came back for two more rounds. I had a little over an hour to recover. It helped but I was still hurting.

Round 4
4:23. Everything was unbroken except push ups. I made it to 23.

Round 5
5:01. Squats and rows unbroken. Push ups - 20 unbroken. Sit ups - 20 unbroken.

I snapped a photo of my leg while I rested. It looks like it’s close to the size of my torso so that’s a win…is that a thing?

I also did some makeshift band YTWL raises.

5 Likes

If you eat you should grow with that amount of volume.
Damn man, those WOD’s looks tough like anything.

Yeah, they suck. That’s why I had to split it into two sessions.

Hang in there, man. Sorry things are so tough right now. “This, too, shall pass,” and all that.

1 Like

Yeah, when I figure out how to run these damn things! They really don’t look too bad on paper. 10 minutes later… :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I meant in life! But you’re still a badass for the WODs

I’m hanging on by a thread! Tomorrow is supposed to be the light at the end of the tunnel. We’re closing on our refinance and getting some cash back from the equity.

5 Likes

Woke at 238.4 lbs.

I don’t really know what I’m going to do today. I’m pretty worn out this morning. I think I might play on the machines and chase the pump.