T Nation

Redefining Dad Bod (JMaier31)

bodybuilding
strength
performance

That’s the JMaier I know…

Saw this a couple days ago and it about made me cry.

A Deputy in my county (I’m City PD) was shot about 90 minutes ago. It doesn’t look good. If you pray, pray for him and his family.

Damn, dude, my thoughts are with them.

He didn’t make it. He was only 30 years old.

So sorry for the loss.

Condolences, for what it’s worth. And I know it doesn’t bring him back, but do they have the guy who did it?

He’s dead too. I’m not sure if the Deputy who was killed got him or if it was his partner.

I just read the news report, he left behind a wife and a young daughter. I can only imagine what they’re going through right now…

I’m really sorry dude… I don’t really know what to say other than he didn’t deserve to die. He was just doing his job. On the bright side, God has a special place for those who sacrifice themselves for the greater good. And although it may be hard to understand God’s plan right now, everything happens for a reason. Fuck the guy who shot and killed him and left his family without a father, brother, husband, and son. That’s beyond fucked up.

Prayers are with you and everyone else affected by this, man. I’m so sorry.

Woke at 246.2 lbs.

SGSS W8 D4

2 LAP DYNAMIC WARM UP

RFESS
45 x 5
95 x 3
115 x 3
145 x 3 x 5 sets

BOX SQUAT 21.5"
275 x 3
315 x 1
335 x 3 x 5 sets

POWER CLEAN
135 x 3
185 x 2
205 x 3 x 5 sets

DEADLIFT
315 x 3
405 x 3 x 5 sets

ELLIPTICAL
20 min 2.72 km
I selected the 5K program but apparently I move slower than I thought. I wasn’t riding that thing for 45 minutes so I quit at 20 minutes.

Not a good or bad workout. Deadlifts felt a tad tougher than Friday but I did them after three other exercises. I’m trusting the program and believing this is just part of the grind. I didn’t feel like I could pull 5 plates today.

I’m calling another audible on my programming. Six days a week has lost its appeal. I’m switching back to the original program with no extra work. My assistance/supplemental lift will be cable rows done in the style of 21s. That exercise and rep scheme hits more parts of my back than anything I’ve ever done. I highly recommend it.

So sorry for your loss - and the community’s.

Sorry to hear that mate, that’s shit.
Makes me want to wear the badge even more, got to honour those brave enough

May he rest in peace

I’m more at peace with his death knowing that he killed the fucker that killed him…and I’m pretty sure the bad guy died first.

If I’m ever killed in the line of duty then I just hope I can get whoever got me.

Sorry for your lost mate, cops have a tough gig dealing with the community.

Woke at 244.6 lbs.

Played a little basketball at the Y this afternoon. No lifting since all of my upper body work is back to one workout and I’ll be doing that tomorrow. I felt lazy as I sat around this morning. It was odd waiting till 3 to go work out.

And on that note, I’M OUT OF SHAPE!

I found myself walking every chance I could get. Frustration doesn’t help. I was playing with the kind of people who will shoot 30 3s a game and make 4.

Woke at 244.4 lbs.

Well, basketball hurts. My knees feel like rusty metal. My SI joint and the surrounding area hurts. My quads burn when I go up the stairs. I didn’t even play very much yesterday. I’m not sure if I should play more so I get used to it or play less so I’m not crippled by the time I reach 40.

Luckily leg day is Friday so I have time to recover.

On the plus side, I didn’t look terrible this morning. I still have some abs so depending on which helpful poster you look at I’m somewhere between 12 and 18% body fat.

Dude, fuck that. Those are always the same guys who cherry pick and want to play 6 games to 21 in one night… like no. You aren’t doing anything. I’m tired. I can’t go up for 200 rebounds in one night

SGSS W8 FINAL DAY

OHP
45 x 10
115 x 5 x 2 sets
150 x 3 x 5 sets

superset with

PULL UPS
BW x 5 x 2 sets

LAT PULL DOWN
240 x 3 x 5 sets

PENDLAY ROW
150 x 5
210 x 3 x 5 sets

superset with

DB INCLINE
60 x 5
70 x 5 x 4 sets
70 x 16

SHOULDER COMPLEX (3 ROUNDS)
UPRIGHT ROW
80 x 10
LAT DB RAISE
15 x 10
REV DB FLY
15 x 10

I decided I want to emphasis my delts so this replaced cable rows. It also still hits my back a bit. I remembered (or imagined) that I seem to have good luck with this complex adding size to my delts. Hopefully it works.

CONDITIONING
Basketball - 2 games back to back and much better quality than yesterday

And I just mowed the yard which takes about 45 minutes.