Just. Don't. Suck (Part 1)

Great tatoo Big J, It’s looking good.
Not much fat showing in that picture.

1 Like

@Frank_C you’re definitely gaining muscle in the right places. Looking tanked out af! If i was a criminal and i saw a big tall Hulk looking cop such as yourself I’d run for the hills

3 Likes

I didn’t think I’d say this but I’m glad there is an ocean between us

Couldn’t sleep at night if I knew there was a giant with a “tendency to get naked when his out of his mind” in the neighborhood

4 Likes

Damn man. Lookin big as hell

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy: tears

1 Like

Thanks @Voxel @anon96032531 @duketheslaya @mortdk and @lava2007

Mort, I think my fat is more on my sides and belly but based on my pants I’ve added a lot of size to my legs and ass.

Duke, my goal is to look like a bad man at work so no one tries anything. I’m also very relaxed and nice. I’ve been in this business for eight years and been in zero fights. People do what I say or I’m able to talk them into it with logic.

Jez, nine tramadol? What the hell? I can take two and I start feeling pretty loose. I didn’t know the calf hurt so bad to tattoo. I’ve always heard that the places with little meat or where you’re ticklish are the worst. So far it’s proved true. My spine, inner arm, and a couple spots on top of my shoulder hurt the worst so far. The closer he got to my neck the worse it felt due to the nerves nearby.

3 Likes

Oddly enough, I thought the inner arm was the easiest place of all mine. Nearly fell asleep while getting it done. Outer arm on the other hand, not pleasant.

1 Like

Sternum. Whole chest rattling. Just too weird of a sensation.

1 Like

Yeah, that sensation of the vibrating when they’re on a bone is unpleasant. He got close to my collar bone and I could feel it in my chest.

Yeah I took 4 to start with, nothing
Another 2, kinda felt a bit chill then it hit me again
So had another 3 and decided after that it wasn’t really doing anything
Silly me, should of stopped the tattoo and stood up for 20 mins and taken them
I felt mentally challenged for the next week

3 Likes

Woke at 247.0 lbs. That’s an increase of 28.6 lbs since my hip surgery on December 20th.

SGSS W4 D1

2 LAP DYNAMIC WARM UP

RFESS
45 x 5
95 x 3
120 x 5 x 3 sets ea leg

BOX SQUAT 22"
225 x 5
295 x 5 x 3 sets

DEADLIFT
225 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 5 x 3 sets

LYING LEG CURL (1.5 reps)
70 x 20
90 x 10

2 MIN LEG PRESS
3 plates x 87 (50, 10, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 2)

Conditioning was scratched because my hamstring still hurts and after leg press I could barely walk. My conditioning is going to take a bit while this hammy heals up. I might have to reach into the CrossFit bag for some alternatives.

Not a bad session. 3 x 5 seems to fly and I enjoy it. The extra day of rest helped too. It took 50 minutes for the lifting portion today but I was still there for almost 90 minutes total.

1 Like

Post workout, post dinner, post shower weigh in was 250.6 lbs completely naked. Lifetime weight PR!

(I know. I’ll be back to 247 in the morning but this is the first time I’ve EVER seen 250 on the scale.)

6 Likes

I love the proud statement of a weight PR.
Congrats Big J

2 Likes

Woke at 246.0 lbs.

Early Lunch Break Training (27 minutes)

NEUTRAL PULL UPS
BW x 8 x 3 sets
Damn I feel heavy.

PENDLAY ROW
135 x 5
190 x 5 x 3 sets

Between sets of pull ups and rows:
CABLE ABDUCTION/ADDUCTION
Abduction 2 x 10 ea @ 40
Adduction 2 x 10 ea @ 50

LAT PULL DOWN
210 x 5 x 3 sets
This was too heavy. More rocking than I’d like and doesn’t leave much room to add weight next week. It’s tough to be consistent because the weight stacks at the City gym and the Y are different.

CABLE ROW (1.5 reps)
150 x 10
150 x 8
I can feel these in the back of my head by the end. They’re awesome!

REVERSE CABLE FLY (single arm 1.5 reps)
20 x 10 ea x 2 sets

superset with

REVERSE CABLE FLY (1.5 reps)
80 x 10 x 2 sets

3 Likes

Welcome to the big boy club. Only 15 more lbs to catch me

1 Like

Congrats on the weight PR, Tatoo Looking really good and back is very solid man.
It should feel good to be you right now.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll feel a lot better about this weight when I hit a new PR on Deadlift. Patience is definitely a virtue. I might be setting myself up for disappointment but I made huge gains last time I ran this program and I’m expecting good things again. Eight more weeks and I’ll be shooting for 565 at least!

4 Likes

Back looks good man! Guess it’s back month haha.

250!? I’m not short, 6’, but if I ever saw 250…I’d be faaaat. I’ve been 230 in my mid 20s when gym was everything, and was still too pudgy for my liking.

You’re doing well with the weight. Seems like you’re certainly keeping the fat at bay.

1 Like

I’m 6’ 4" so I’m spread out. My wing span was 6’ 7" when we checked it back in high school so I might have gorilla arms.

4 Likes

Woke at 248.6 lbs.

Snuck in my training during my “lunch break” again today.

SGSS W5 D3

OHP
bar x 10
95 x 5
130 x 5 x 3 sets

superset with abs
BACK EXTENSION
BW x 20 x 2 sets

LYING LEG RAISE
2 x 12

INCLINE CABLE FLY
30 x 10
70 x 5 x 3 sets
40 x 10 (1.5 reps)

LATERAL CABLE RAISE (1.5 reps)
20 x 8
20 x 9

BENCH PRESS (1.5 reps)
135 x 10
135 x 9
Very minimal pain and I was actually toast and didn’t think I could do a 10th rep on the 2nd set. Good stuff.

OVERHEAD ROPE EXTENSION (1.5 reps)
100 x 8
90 x 7
It hurts so good.

STRETCHING
My adductors are sore AF from the cable work yesterday. I need to keep working those.

3 Likes