Red Wings vs. Stars

I didn’t see that till the after game show. Although 2 games would be the rest of the series…

No suspensions

Who cares? One more Star to check… They are being outshot, outplayed and overwhelmed. I’m betting on Wings vs Penguins. That should be a good shootout.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
Who cares? One more Star to check… They are being outshot, outplayed and overwhelmed. I’m betting on Wings vs Penguins. That should be a good shootout.[/quote]

I’m not complaining. I don’t think they could’ve credibly gotten away with suspending one and not the other. I put together an animated gif of the sequence where Osgood puts his stick in the path of Ribeiro’s face as he skates by and as much I love Ozzie and the Wings I have a tough time with his accident plea.

http://gregnmary.gotdns.com/pix/oz_reb.gif

It certainly is no blatant 2 handed intent to injure, but I’d be screamin if Turco had done that to one of our guys so I think they viewed it as both or neither. I’ll take neither. Osgood has 8 straight wins and is playing brilliantly when he has to.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:
Who cares? One more Star to check… They are being outshot, outplayed and overwhelmed. I’m betting on Wings vs Penguins. That should be a good shootout.

I’m not complaining. I don’t think they could’ve credibly gotten away with suspending one and not the other. I put together an animated gif of the sequence where Osgood puts his stick in the path of Ribeiro’s face as he skates by and as much I love Ozzie and the Wings I have a tough time with his accident plea.

It certainly is no blatant 2 handed intent to injure, but I’d be screamin if Turco had done that to one of our guys so I think they viewed it as both or neither. I’ll take neither. Osgood has 8 straight wins and is playing brilliantly when he has to.
[/quote]

Agreed. Funny, the free press was screaming for suspension when Ozzie clearly instigated it. I like Ozzy, but that was totally uncalled for.

Not that it will alter the outcome. The Stars played better, but it still looked like Varsity vs. JV.

Much better game from Dallas, but we’re still winning by one with the 2nd near closed. 3 - 2

OMG, wadda kick in Dallas’s nads. Zetterberg nets one on a fantastic unassisted effort shorthanded. 4 - 2.

They’re toyin with em and it’s giving me an ulcer

I called that sweep the day of the first game! What a waste of effort. The Stars should have let the Sharks play Detroit to give hockey fans an actual series to watch. What a joke of a team the Stars are. Let’s all make snow angels and lay down the first four games of the series!! Yay!!

[quote]sumgai wrote:
I called that sweep the day of the first game! What a waste of effort. The Stars should have let the Sharks play Detroit to give hockey fans an actual series to watch. What a joke of a team the Stars are. Let’s all make snow angels and lay down the first four games of the series!! Yay!![/quote]

They’re not layin down tonight, but we do have them stymied. I don’t think we could have seen a better effort from Dallas than what they brought here.

HAT TRICK Datsyuk!!! 5 - 2 with 2 left

WE WIN!!! 3 - 0 in the series and I can’t believe Dallas has any more.

wisk…wisk…

Mod Laurie,

You have to be quite pleased. The Wings are one game away from the conference finals. They should totally ravage Dallas for game 4. Especially after tonight’s lame performance by Dallas.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
Mod Laurie,

You have to be quite pleased. The Wings are one game away from the conference finals. They should totally ravage Dallas for game 4. Especially after tonight’s lame performance by Dallas.[/quote]

You betcha! :slight_smile:

Today is National Sweep Day!! 8)

I sure hope so, but I’ve learned not to count those chickens though I understand the fat lady is on her way to American Airlines Center with her microphone before heading off to the Wachovia Center tonight.

We got us a war goin here

Can’t we just get this finished tonight?

I’m nervous.

[quote]Mod Laurie wrote:
Can’t we just get this finished tonight?

I’m nervous. [/quote]

Looks like Dallas is going to take one.