Red Wings vs Penguins!

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:

Yeah, they play alot of hockey in Oklahoma. [/quote]
OHHH NOES HE INSULTED MY STATE!!!

Tell you what, next time you’re rooting for your team, hold up the hand you wipe your ass with. That’s how a Wings fan identifies himself/herself.

I’m sure you’ll respond with a Tough Guy response.

God, why do I even try???

This thread delivers a big bucket of FAIL.

I’m done with it.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:

Yeah, they play alot of hockey in Oklahoma.
OHHH NOES HE INSULTED MY STATE!!!

Tell you what, next time you’re rooting for your team, hold up the hand you wipe your ass with. That’s how a Wings fan identifies himself/herself.

I’m sure you’ll respond with a Tough Guy response.

God, why do I even try???

This thread delivers a big bucket of FAIL.

I’m done with it.

[/quote]

Actually, I wasn’t insulting your state merely stating a fact. Oklahoma is better known for rodeo and those guys who throw the rattlesnakes into a sack after a few shots of Jack Black.

As for your hand thing, that is more of a mid-east thing in certain countries all of which have no idea what hockey is.

Penquins were so uptight, you couldn’t have pulled a pin out of their collective asses with a tractor.

Wings in 5, 6 with bad luck.

Keep dreaming

More realistic.

Total domination by the Wings. Hockeytown is rocking right now. Is it just me, or is Mike Babcock one of the most underrated coaches in the NHL?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
HAHAHA!!! They’re chantin Crosby at the Joe!!![/quote]

We were chanting “OZZY”, because Chris Osgood played out of his mind. I was lucky enough to be there.

[quote]Asgardian wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
HAHAHA!!! They’re chantin Crosby at the Joe!!!

We were chanting “OZZY”, because Chris Osgood played out of his mind. I was lucky enough to be there.[/quote]

I was talking about earlier in the period, but at the end of the game when I heard the Ozzie chant start it sounded like what I though was Crosby earlier. It’s not always as to tell easy over the TV.

huge stars fan, so… FUCK DETROIT.

and what’s all this talk of Crosby anyway? If the Pens are gonna come back, it’s up to the real star Malkin.

[quote]daneq wrote:

and what’s all this talk of Crosby anyway? If the Pens are gonna come back, it’s up to the real star Malkin.[/quote]

Malkin would have the hype if he spoke better english.

NHL just looking for an American poster child to gain popularity, so we get to see Crosby’s face on every fucking commercial during the game. If he pops in a Charles Schwabb commercial next I wouldn’t be surprised.

[quote]Asgardian wrote:
I was lucky enough to be there.[/quote]

You were at the game? I’m so jealous!

lol true that. Imagine him like Yao a few years ago, guy couldn’t speak a fucking word of English and they still put him all over TV cuz it was hilarious. Sadly, I think the Russian on the other team is still better, Datsyuk still gets less hype than Malks.

Malkin was also worse than invisible last night.

[quote]Magnate wrote:
daneq wrote:

and what’s all this talk of Crosby anyway? If the Pens are gonna come back, it’s up to the real star Malkin.

NHL just looking for an American poster child to gain popularity, so we get to see Crosby’s face on every fucking commercial during the game. If he pops in a Charles Schwabb commercial next I wouldn’t be surprised.[/quote]

Sid is from Nova Scotia.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Magnate wrote:
daneq wrote:

NHL just looking for an American poster child to gain popularity, so we get to see Crosby’s face on every fucking commercial during the game. If he pops in a Charles Schwabb commercial next I wouldn’t be surprised.

Sid is from Nova Scotia.
[/quote]

He means somebody from this continent. My weariness with Crosby hype began long before this series and I like the guy, truth be told. I’m just waiting for a new religion to emerge, maybe with him as the fourth person of the Godhead. Father, son, holy spirit and Sidney.

It’s ridiculous and I’d be saying that if he was on our team. He IS NOT that much better than other top players and might not be as good as some.

He’s an exciting young talent with a great future, but if the Penguins don’t come through when the chips are down it means nothing at this point. I expect a much better effort tonight from them if for no other reason than they have seen us now. We didn’t need that feeling out past the first period because, like it or not, as a team we are better than the Penguins.

Nothing taken for granted here, I do not foresee a sweep and am not even convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that we will win, but if we do and it’s in a convincing fashion. It’s back to the ol drawing board for Sid and the Penguins.

Nobody cares how great you’re marketed as if you choke in the face of a championship. Steve Yzerman is a prime example. He was a guaranteed future hall of famer, longest standing captain etc, but did not rise above the rest until he led us to 3 championships. That’s just the way it is. What’s more, he is not ready to be a captain. That’s not taking anything away from him, but he is in over his head at this point in his career.

I still think sweep. Total domination and crushing of the Penguins will.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080525/BLOG09/80525063/1048/sports

Franzen will be back on the ice soon.

“He’s going to play sometime this week.”

[quote]Magnate wrote:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080525/BLOG09/80525063/1048/sports

Franzen will be back on the ice soon.

“He’s going to play sometime this week.”
[/quote]

He’s in for tonight

Alright! Game 2 and the first face off coming up quick!

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
Alright! Game 2 and the first face off coming up quick![/quote]

YESSIR!!! Lets go boys. Just got done with legs and typing this outta breath