T Nation

Red Spots on Arms/Shoulders/Back

Hi,

What do You think can cause red spots on arms, shoulders, chest, back? I think it's not acne. Spots become more visible and more red after workout for example ( when i sweat a lot ). I attach photos.

this could be caused from flushing in the skin, or maybe a contact dermatits caused from rubbing on the pads of machines at the gym, or perhaps a certain type of clothing that is irritating you. i have something very similar that occurs when i scratch my arm or it comes in contact with certain material,so if i was you i wouldnt be worried. that being said im not a doctor so whether or not you choose to see one is on you. it could also be caused from taking hot showers, or to hot of showers.

How long have you had this? Does it happen all the time or only cycle? I think it would be worth visiting a doctor over then again I’m a bit obsessive with my health and visit a doctor over most things lol.

[quote]Tsotsc wrote:
this could be caused from flushing in the skin, or maybe a contact dermatits caused from rubbing on the pads of machines at the gym, or perhaps a certain type of clothing that is irritating you. i have something very similar that occurs when i scratch my arm or it comes in contact with certain material,so if i was you i wouldnt be worried. that being said im not a doctor so whether or not you choose to see one is on you. it could also be caused from taking hot showers, or to hot of showers.[/quote]

I like this new person

I have sweat induced reactions when I come in contact with nickel. Like I can wear a stainless steel watch, and as long as I don’t sweat, I’m fine. If I do sweat, I end up with a rash that looks like your pictures. Sweat can be pretty reactive. Obviously this doesn’t look like a reaction to metal, and I’d be surprised if it was pads, since there aren’t many machines that have pads in that location. You could consider changing your detergent/fabric softener. Sometimes people can become allergic to a particular type, especially if it’s scented. This could explain why you’d have this kind of reaction in the t-shirt area.

Hmm… Maybe should i try Cetirizine? If it is hives/utricaria Centirizine should help?

I had the same thing develop on the sides of my ribcage and inside of elbows. Didn’t itch, burn, or scab so I let it go. Eventually after people looking at me like I had fucking AIDS, I went to the DermDoc. Turned out to be a form of yeast infection that came from sweating. I sweat constantly but this came out of nowhere. He prescribed some meds that I took for 2 weeks (2 pills each Sunday, don’t remember the name) and it’s gone. Also was recommended to use a cream that was basically a concentrated dandruff shampoo if it came back. Not a serious condition, it just looks fuct up! Body chemistry shit, I imagine.

S/F

Al