Red Sox and Patriots

Hey you New Englanders out there. So what do you think? Another world series for Boston and a 3rd super bowl win in a row for New England? I guess I’m starting to get greedy. I’m just used to our teams winning now and I don’t want it to stop.

Consider this the official New England sports thread that will be viewed as obnoxious by anyone from New York, Dallas, Texas…ah shit, basically anyone not from New England will hate this thread but who cares.

So let’s hear it. I know there’s a lot of New Englanders out there. How about another world series and super bowl to boot? Remember, right now we ARE the sports capital of the world. Wear the label proudly.

[quote]randman wrote:
Hey you New Englanders out there. So what do you think? Another world series for Boston and a 3rd super bowl win in a row for New England? I guess I’m starting to get greedy. I’m just used to our teams winning now and I don’t want it to stop.

Consider this the official New England sports thread that will be viewed as obnoxious by anyone from New York, Dallas, Texas…ah shit, basically anyone not from New England will hate this thread but who cares.

So let’s hear it. I know there’s a lot of New Englanders out there. How about another world series and super bowl to boot? Remember, right now we ARE the sports capital of the world. Wear the label proudly.[/quote]

I was at the New England vs. Packer game on Friday night. The Patriots are clicking and are looking very good. With some of the losses that have taken place in the coaching staff, and a few players I thought it may have slowed down the machine a bit. Nope…Haven’t lost a step…amazing.

I’m not looking forward to my Raiders going into NE on Thursday night’s opener.

The Red Sox aren’t looking that strong as they approach the post-season, but really no team in the AL is without some big problems. Their starting rotation is ok, but the bullpen is just a disaster. If they can keep scoring a ton of runs every game they might squeak by. I don’t know what they’re going to do with Schilling. He pretty much sucks right now.

I’m a huge Red Sox fan, but I’m not betting on them getting to the World Series this year.

Oh geez, with this thread alive, I might not get anything done on Prime Time in the near future!

It was even cooler when I had four legit national champions to cheer for (two squads here at UCONN).

Who has a better chance to repeat? The patriots or the trojans?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/02/09/patriots.trojans/

[quote]alwyn96 wrote:
I’m a huge Red Sox fan, but I’m not betting on them getting to the World Series this year.[/quote]

I know its hard to repeat a world series in baseball but until someone takes it from us. It still ours. What the hell ever happened to Foulke? Is he going to come back this year or not?

Just to flame the fire of pride for us NE fans…

Celtics? Bruins? Where art thou?

A nice consolation prize to NOT winning another World Series would be knowing you came in ahead of the Yanks.

And yes! I think the Pats have the winning formula.

“The Patriots are not of this world. They draft well, they scout well and they still have Tom Brady… quite frankly, that all you need!”

Power ranking for the Patriots: #1

Let’s see if they can maintain a high ranking throughout the season. Season opener this Thursday against the Raiders, I can’t wait.

[quote]randman wrote:

Power ranking for the Patriots: #1

Let’s see if they can maintain a high ranking throughout the season. Season opener this Thursday against the Raiders, I can’t wait.[/quote]

Awesome; I’m stoked, too!

I hope not. I think that the pats defense has hasd too many losses.

[quote]BIGERIC wrote:
I hope not. I think that the pats defense has hasd too many losses.[/quote]

Well, Patriots had a pretty convincing win last night over Oakland. The most impressive part is how their defense adjusted after Oakland’s first 72 yard drive for a touchdown; 2 words for you: Eric Mangini.

It does indeed look like the Patriots are capable of making another title run. It pisses me off that most of the analysts are again picking the colts to win over the patriots in the AFC title game. We own that team and we will continue to own them. Where’s Rainjack when you want to celebrate?

Also, big weekend for the Red Sox/Yankees. Let’s see if Red Sox can extend their lead over the Spankees in the standings. Yahoo!

[quote]randman wrote:

Also, big weekend for the Red Sox/Yankees. Let’s see if Red Sox can extend their lead over the Spankees in the standings. Yahoo![/quote]

I will be at the game Saturday, hopefully I can see that sad sack of shit schilling get his ass beat. If not, then the SUX deserved to win.

[quote]j23t wrote:
randman wrote:

Also, big weekend for the Red Sox/Yankees. Let’s see if Red Sox can extend their lead over the Spankees in the standings. Yahoo!

I will be at the game Saturday, hopefully I can see that sad sack of shit schilling get his ass beat. If not, then the SUX deserved to win.

[/quote]

Hey j23t. I’m jealous. I’d love to be at one of those games. Alas, I’m living in Cali now.

A New England sports world domination thread wouldn’t be complete without your input. Maybe when your spanks don’t even make the postseason this year you will root for the sox!

[quote]BIGERIC wrote:
I hope not. I think that the pats defense has hasd too many losses.[/quote]

They currently have more starters on their defense right now then they did last year. How many DB’s did they go through last year…6,7,8?

I think the pats will have more losses this year but they will win their division if their offense stays healthy. Of course the Chiefs will take it all this year…

[quote]randman wrote:
Hey j23t. I’m jealous. I’d love to be at one of those games. Alas, I’m living in Cali now.

A New England sports world domination thread wouldn’t be complete without your input. Maybe when your spanks don’t even make the postseason this year you will root for the sox![/quote]

Cali, you are far from home.

You knew I would find this thread and comment on it. I can’t allow you to pollute the minds of others with Bo sox stuff. Just like if I made a thread, I would see the hippo “slappin’ that ass”

Though you have to admit, schilling is not up to par just like johnson, amazing how they are playing. Hopefully for that Yanks, Johnson turns it around. I am sure you feel the same about schilling.

I am not like other fans, I stick with my team no matter what. If they don’t make, so be it, I watched them sit in last place when I was a kid/teenager and I can do it again.