Strong and Conditioned (ChongLordUno)

Yeah these look really long… Who wants to do 5 sets of flyes? yaaaaawn

And this is a contest prep one lol?

1 Like

I think I jumped back into this mountain dog relationship too soon

1 Like

Have I got a rebound relationship for you! Her name is Washed-Up Meathead. She’s a simple gal to get along with, not excessively demanding or exacting but still offers enough quality time and attention to feel thoroughly attended to.

1 Like

Uh oh

Are you leaving me mate

Is this the lifting equivalent of a ‘dear John’ letter?

3 Likes

I don’t know what I’m doing, my man. It’s not you, it’s me. All I know is I’m really happy to skip half my workouts right now, and that’s not like me

2 Likes

So long as she’s cool with me drinking alone in the dark with guns. That’s kind of a jumping off point on a first date for me

2 Likes

Many dumbbell racks are in the corners of gyms, so I think she’ll be cool with you drinking your water/energy drink/whatever while training your guns a couple times a week. In fact, she explicitly programs all aspects of the guns throughout the training week. Go get 'er, my man!

Honestly, I’m finding this program very adaptable for my needs right now. Two upper body days a week, one with a 3-rep max then burnout sets, leaves me feeling thoroughly trained, while the other focuses on 8-12 reps for most lifts, giving a good pump and break for the joints. One leg day a week makes me feel like I’ve accomplished my duty while leaving me plenty of energy for conditioning days. If I do one 3RM UB lift day, one pump day, and whatever-works-for-my-hips leg day, I feel like I’ve stayed true to the workout’s principle. The exercise lists and rep ranges are a handy guide, too.

And speaking of conditioning, having two days a week where I only do “abs and cardio” lets me get in and out quickly and is mentally refreshing. I do whatever darn cardio I feel like each day, so I don’t have that mental taskmaster berating me about varying from the program. Cardio IS the program those days.

After a month or two, I might change to a different method, but for my current goals, situation, and head space, W-UM is perfect.

2 Likes

I hear you mate. If your heart isn’t in it then there’s no point.

To be honest, my upper body is dommed to f%*k after Fridays session.

I think I’ll keep CD running, particularly the exercise selection however play it fast and loose with the sets and reps and keep it at an hour max

2 Likes

I love WS4SB. It was the program that gave me some serious gains after coasting on some generic workouts for years.

2 Likes

I think that’s pretty smart. Those super long workouts full of a lot of assistance just weren’t fun

2 Likes

3 Likes

Following @TrainForPain ‘s lead and ditching CD2.

Workouts are too long and stressful trying to fit them into an hour.

Rolling with a PLP for the mo

4 Likes

6 sets of preacher curls… :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

I continue to be a bad influence!

But yeah. What I like about a program is not having to think. I don’t want the added responsibility to be coming up with how I’m going to make this work and still do anything else in the day.

1 Like

Guns guns guns as Clarence Bodiker said

Seriously though, last 4 sets were part of a drop set

2 Likes

It does still suck to try to do full arm workouts after your main workout, though. I just had no interest

1 Like

Yeah man, boresville Arizona.

I miss the arms day from Gamma Bomb

1 Like

2 Likes

Time for a new log title!!

1 Like

I did 10 x 5 barbell curls tonight. Twas a fun way to get 50 reps of curls.

1 Like