T Nation

Red Shred Redemption (ChongLordUno)

@steigs

Mate it is actually 73kg on the machine for Flyes

I know. Mental

1 Like

The liquid pretty much won’t reduce, I’ve cooked things for days at a time and the liquid basically stays the same. If you really want the liquid reduced, you’ll have to strain it off and reduce it in a pan.

I’ve never had issues with tough meat though.

Pecs of steel!

May just be us then.

What cuts of meat have you successfully used in the past? Maybe we are going to lean to start with.

I generally use stuff labelled as “braising steak” in the supermarket for beef. I’m pretty unclear what cut this is from, but certainly a higher fat content.

Chicken dries out really quickly for me, even thighs etc. So I only get good results from much shorter cooking times.

Pork, I use shoulder exclusively, ideally with any big chunks of fat cut off.

Lamb, any cut I’ve used has been fine but I don’t cook with much lamb.

1 Like

@steigs Yeah, has to be fatty cuts of meat.

Anything with low fat content tends to dry out.

Just fire a wee bit of gravy in there for the offal.

1 Like

Dude, I’m with you. These workouts are taking me like 70-75 minutes, without any real cardio (other than a 5-minute warm-up). Annoyingly time-consuming.

1 Like

Definitely.

Going to have to make some tweaks as I go along the way.

1 Like

Pre bed chilled cardio

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

Had to take a set out for time constraints

I’m not going to beat myself up for having to tweak this workout man. It’s obviously written for bodybuilders who can afford to spend the whole day in a f%^king gym :rage:

Also lowered the weight on some lifts as I want to focus on more smooth controlled reps. If I have to modify the program then it makes sense to be smart with the reps and work them hard. I’m not looking to build strength

6 Likes

Mate, give yourself credit for trying this kind of session at silly o’clock on minimal sleep.

3 Likes

Absolutely. The workout exists for your benefit, not you for it.

2 Likes

Absolutely mate. When you’re running on autopilot you do tend to overlook these minor details :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Good on you! Like @dagill2 and @TriednTrue just said, we can’t get the customer relationship backward.

I like most of John’s stuff, but I’m really not enjoying this one. I don’t know if it’s the long ass workouts or I’m just burnt out on this style, but I’m finding all kinds of reasons to do the minimum (which, I swear, isn’t typically like me)

3 Likes

Agreed mate

I’m going to plug along however once the 60 minute mark is up then I am out.

Sorry John :kissing_heart:

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like