Red River Shootout

[quote]Amiright wrote:
we got robbed last year… I’m gonna kill someone if we really lose, seasons jacked for sure if we do… Texas won 4/5 so lets hope they get another :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]

Robbed last year? Texas seems to not realize that the Big XII season is more than just the Red River Rivalry. Just because you win one game doesn’t mean you should be the champs. It was a three way tie, not a two way. Tech beat Texas, so if you sent Texas, Tech would have had the same whiny argument. The tie breakers were set before the season, and the coaches agreed on them. I really don’t see a better way to do it.

Also, 3 of 4, not 4 of 5. Silly horn fans can’t ever get the numbers straight. Probably because they can’t count, and in that case I might feel a little bad for making fun of them if they weren’t steers.

Different team, same story. OU isn’t going to be able to win a competitive game with Landry at quarterback.

[quote]Eielson wrote:
Amiright wrote:
we got robbed last year… I’m gonna kill someone if we really lose, seasons jacked for sure if we do… Texas won 4/5 so lets hope they get another :stuck_out_tongue:

Robbed last year? Texas seems to not realize that the Big XII season is more than just the Red River Rivalry. Just because you win one game doesn’t mean you should be the champs. It was a three way tie, not a two way. Tech beat Texas, so if you sent Texas, Tech would have had the same whiny argument. The tie breakers were set before the season, and the coaches agreed on them. I really don’t see a better way to do it.

Also, 3 of 4, not 4 of 5. Silly horn fans can’t ever get the numbers straight. Probably because they can’t count, and in that case I might feel a little bad for making fun of them if they weren’t steers.[/quote]

I know the system, but nothing is going to keep a fan from complaining… 1 dropped interception away from a shot at the national title. And forgive me, I was fairly confident that it was 4/5.

This game has been erratic… should be a few more touchdowns imo… but missed fumble recoveries etc… everywhere. The injury count is amazing as well

THis is one of the worst college football games ever played. Both teams are awful. I’m not sure if the two best teams in the Big 12 aren’t Kansas and Nebraska. I also wouldn’t be surprised if KU steamrolled both UT and OU.

[quote]eic wrote:
THis is one of the worst college football games ever played. Both teams are awful. I’m not sure if the two best teams in the Big 12 aren’t Kansas and Nebraska. I also wouldn’t be surprised if KU steamrolled both UT and OU. [/quote]

Don’t get ahead of yourself just yet.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
eic wrote:
THis is one of the worst college football games ever played. Both teams are awful. I’m not sure if the two best teams in the Big 12 aren’t Kansas and Nebraska. I also wouldn’t be surprised if KU steamrolled both UT and OU.

Don’t get ahead of yourself just yet.[/quote]

Tell that to Colt. There’s a chance that this shockingly disgusting display is because both teams are defensive powerhouses. I am starting to suspect that it’s because both offenses are totally inept.

Also, is it me or has this game been ridiculously long? Almost 4 hours?

[quote]eic wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
eic wrote:

Tell that to Colt. There’s a chance that this shockingly disgusting display is because both teams are defensive powerhouses. I am starting to suspect that it’s because both offenses are totally inept. [/quote]

Or maybe it’s just UT vs.OU

[quote]eic wrote:
THis is one of the worst college football games ever played. Both teams are awful. I’m not sure if the two best teams in the Big 12 aren’t Kansas and Nebraska. I also wouldn’t be surprised if KU steamrolled both UT and OU. [/quote]

Is this a joke?

This is just a great showing of two powerful defenses, learn to respect both side of the ball.

Since the quarterback is considered down when the slide starts, is it just me or was Colt possibly down before he got the first down?

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
eic wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
eic wrote:

Tell that to Colt. There’s a chance that this shockingly disgusting display is because both teams are defensive powerhouses. I am starting to suspect that it’s because both offenses are totally inept.

Or maybe it’s just UT vs.OU [/quote]

No, I don’t think so. UT finishes with at least two losses in the regular season. OU, without Bradford, is finished.

well games over… as far as both teams being terrible, I go with both teams having solid def. Texas def is by far better then its offense this year… and that’s been obvious sense the beginning of the season. Those last 2 interceptions… the one by colt and the one by landry were just embarrassing

[quote]Eielson wrote:
eic wrote:

Is this a joke?[/quote]

Nope. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see either team knock off Texas or OU in the Big 12 Championship. I’m telling you, those are not good teams. Texas does not deserve a spot in the top 5 and arguably not in the top 10.

[quote]Amiright wrote:
well games over… as far as both teams being terrible, I go with both teams having solid def. Texas def is by far better then its offense this year… and that’s been obvious sense the beginning of the season. Those last 2 interceptions… the one by colt and the one by landry were just embarrassing [/quote]

Keep in mind that without a phantom pass interference call, Texas very likely loses to a Bradford-less OU team. I actually like Mack Brown and Texas, but I think they are begging to be knocked off. A couple times.

[quote]eic wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
eic wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
eic wrote:

Or maybe it’s just UT vs.OU

No, I don’t think so. UT finishes with at least two losses in the regular season. OU, without Bradford, is finished. [/quote]

Maybe…maybe not…after all,you called OU offense to steamroll UT in this game after struggling against Baylor. Don’t know why you’re just now realizing that OU was finished with/without Bradford.

[quote]eic wrote:
Amiright wrote:
well games over… as far as both teams being terrible, I go with both teams having solid def. Texas def is by far better then its offense this year… and that’s been obvious sense the beginning of the season. Those last 2 interceptions… the one by colt and the one by landry were just embarrassing

Keep in mind that without a phantom pass interference call, Texas very likely loses to a Bradford-less OU team. I actually like Mack Brown and Texas, but I think they are begging to be knocked off. A couple times. [/quote]

It was definitely an interesting game… and I wouldn’t doubt that with Bradford this game could have been very different. I for one wasn’t confident about this game… and after the first half lost pretty much all hope.

But I try to avoid what ifs and just wait and see… Texas could very well be knocked off by the end of the season… but every game is different, especially with UT. I’ve never viewed them as a dominate team… just always sneak by

[quote]eic wrote:
Eielson wrote:
eic wrote:

Is this a joke?

Nope. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see either team knock off Texas or OU in the Big 12 Championship. I’m telling you, those are not good teams. Texas does not deserve a spot in the top 5 and arguably not in the top 10. [/quote]

That’s just dumb. It’s really not even worth arguing.

[quote]eic wrote:
Eielson wrote:
eic wrote:

Is this a joke?

Nope. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see either team knock off Texas or OU in the Big 12 Championship. I’m telling you, those are not good teams. Texas does not deserve a spot in the top 5 and arguably not in the top 10. [/quote]

And who has KU beat? Nobody. And Nebraska isn’t going to make it past Texas Tech. You gotta bring some logic with these wild predictions.

What happened is both OU and Tex were so hungry to win, they both got sloppy. It’s just emotion, and that is why I love college football.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
What happened is both OU and Tex were so hungry to win, they both got sloppy. It’s just emotion, and that is why I love college football. [/quote]

No doubt…looks like your Trojans are starting to put it to ND.