RED KAT, Alpha Male and Sleep

Is the Eurycoma in RED KAT and Alpha Male affecting dopamine levels, thus totally wrecking my already poor ability to get a good nights sleep? If that isn’t the reason, what is? Is there anyway to combat this?

I love the stuff but even on a single pill in the morning I will reach a point where there is an accumulative effect and two or three nights sleep is shot.

Any ideas?

[quote]Big Dave56 wrote:
Is the Eurycoma in RED KAT and Alpha Male affecting dopamine levels, thus totally wrecking my already poor ability to get a good nights sleep? If that isn’t the reason, what is? Is there anyway to combat this?

I love the stuff but even on a single pill in the morning I will reach a point where there is an accumulative effect and two or three nights sleep is shot.

Any ideas?[/quote]

It would more likely be the Sclaremax in RED KAT, in which case, if you’re absolutely certain it’s the cause, abstain from using it. Otherwise, using some 5-HTP in the evening may be of some help.

Sclaremax in RED KAT? It’s not on the label, I assume you’re confused with HOT-ROX?

Thanks for the quick response, I have tried 5-htp, it wasn’t a cure-all, but it did help some.

[quote]Big Dave56 wrote:
Sclaremax in RED KAT? It’s not on the label, I assume you’re confused with HOT-ROX?

Thanks for the quick response, I have tried 5-htp, it wasn’t a cure-all, but it did help some.[/quote]

Sclaremax was in RED KAT when it was first available only in the T-Nation store.

You must have purchased yours more recently. Taking the product in the AM should alleviate any concerns about insomnia as the half-lives aren’t that long.

[quote]Big Dave56 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response, I have tried 5-htp, it wasn’t a cure-all, but it did help some.[/quote]

The information on the T-Nation store shows that Scleramax is in RED KAT.

You might need to read the label a little more closely.

Its not in the bottle I have, I don’t see much need to look online when the bottle is right here in front of me.

I guess if the half-lives are short I can just take it in the morning, if I don’t sleep it could be one of the many other reasons. This is good news, I really like Red Kat.

You could always try stopping one of the supplements for a few days and see if your sleep improves. If it does then the supp. may be a factor. If not at least you know it’s something else.

Well looky here, in the “other ingredients” there’s Sclaremax. Well, its still good news if Biotest is making RED KAT without the Sclaremax, I’ll just have to get some of that.

And I have stopped taking it and my sleep did improve. While I thought I had the Sclaremax free variety I assumed it was all mental, as poor sleep is oftentimes, but I know HOT-ROX messes up my sleep too, so no Sclaremax for me.

I agree with stopping for a few days and monitoring your sleep quality while “off”. If it is the RED KAT affecting it, I would stop if it were me. I think a good night’s sleep is more beneficial to recovery and muscle growth than any supplement. Unless you’re using RED KAT for its “other” benefits…wink, wink…