Red Faced

Just wanted to know why i always get really red faced when i train regardless of how fit i have been. I was asthmatic as a child, but im not sure if that has anything to do with it.

so my question is whats going on with my circulation that i am always red faced when i train? does it have to do with fitness?

Do you hold your breath a lot?

I get red-faced, too.

You don’t get dizzy, see stars, or get headaches, do you?

“You don’t get dizzy, see stars, or get headaches, do you?”

Shit, I do. I love it though. And yes, I drink more than enough water to turn my piss clear :slight_smile:

You may be holding your breath too much, bro. Excess blood pressure on the brain can’t be good.

I sometimes i get a pain in my right shoulder when im tired. Might be holding my breath cause I know i do that when im concentrating.

I also get it when I run though, and my breathing is pretty easy on a jog.

Doesn’t sound like it’s too much of a problem for you, ash. Maybe have your blood pressure checked and as long as that’s ok, don’t sweat it.

Holding your breath on big lifts is fine, but try not to push too hard with your lungs (I hope that makes sense). It puts extra blood pressure on your brain.

I’m not a doctor or anything but I used to be an EMT. If I remember correctly if your skin looks flush, its cuz you have alot of oxygen in your blood and I don’t think that could be a bad thing.

If your face gets red when your deadlifting heavy or something…well that just means your doing it right.

I am worried that I may have low blood pressure or something because whenever I’ve been training hard I’ll come close to fainting if I stand up to quickly…

I know when I did some PT thing for a friend they tested my blood pressure and she said either I’m really fit or I have a problem.

Go see a god-damn doctor.

I’m Irish. I turn red at the drop of a hat and stay that way.

Do you sweat like a pig that knows he’s dinner?

A common symptom of Hyperhidrosis is “facial blushing.”

Yeah I sweat like crazy… dropped 1.5 kilos in sweat from one session. I’m a shorty too.

I’m also Irish…

And I hate those damn doctors!!!

I went to one for a medical before a fight one time and he decided to give me a breast exam… Then offered to do a papsmear!

A friend of mine who goes to the same gym said she didn’t get the same services.

[quote]boxingash wrote:
Yeah I sweat like crazy… dropped 1.5 kilos in sweat from one session. I’m a shorty too.

I’m also Irish…

[/quote]

Sounds like we’re brothers from another mother.

I sweat like a pig as well and get the flush faced syndrome in the gym.

It’s not all bad…