Red Bands and Bulking?

I was wondering if Red Bands is still effective while on a bulking cycle? I was previously a fatty and have managed to get my body fat down significantly. The only thing that’s bothering me is the layer of “spare tire” that no matter what I do, I can’t get rid of it. I have tried and have ended up being a fat skinny. So, at the advice of many T-nation members, I decided to start bulking up and add some mass although that spare tire is still there.

The big question is, will Red Bands still be effective while on a clean eating bulking cycle? Any advice is appreciate.

Sooby,

Fig’d I would chime in here. I am currently bulking (clean bulk of course)and taking Red Band’s in an attempt to sway off any excess fat gains while still trying to optimize LBM gains.

It is a little early to tell but I am enjoying the experience. Of course I am carrying a higher % than I normally do, but I am making good gains in strength and LBM.

I actually need to up the k/cals here before long. This being the third week after adding in the Red Bands, my weight gain over the past week and a half has now stalled. I am staying the same weight and leaning out a bit while still having good progress in the gym. So I figure I will stay here for one more week to rid a bit of extra BF and then go up another 250k/cals, wait for the stall and repeat.

Also, I may be mistaken, but I think it was CT that has mentioned several times using a moderate dose of Hot Rox while bulking to sway the LBM vs. BF gain in his favor a bit more.

I am not sure it did, but hope that helped.

Phill

Phill,

Thanks for your experience. I’ve done both ABBH1 and 2 and am planning on doing them again, after a break from them while using Red Bands and upping the calories. Hopefully this would be a good combination. MD6 works wonder for me and I didn’t even try HOT-ROX. I was a student on a budget, but this time I’ve saved enough for Red Bands. Anyone else with other experience?

Bump? Anyone else?

What are Red Bands?

[quote]johnhammer wrote:
What are Red Bands?

[/quote]

A product that was discontinued in favor of Maximum Strength HOT-ROX (atleast I believe I’m remembering this correctly) Btw you did realize this thread is like a year and a half old right?

[quote]johnhammer wrote:
What are Red Bands?

[/quote]

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
johnhammer wrote:
What are Red Bands?

[/quote]

Nice!

[quote]K-Narf wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
johnhammer wrote:
What are Red Bands?