Recovery Time

I have read many articles about bodybuilding and getting fit. They all have one thing in common, they say that you should only workout 3X a week. Yet I see people who go to work who have to do lifting 5 or 6 times and are in great shape. They don’t go to the gym (they don’t look like Arnold either) but they look like they are in good shape, why?

because there is more then one way to skin a cat. Find what works best for you and your life through yrs of training

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
because there is more then one way to skin a cat. Find what works best for you and your life through yrs of training

newbody72

Why do all trainers say to train 3x a week? Isn’t the goal of everyone who works out to get as big and strong as you can?

[quote]newbody72 wrote:
Phill wrote:

newbody72

Why do all trainers say to train 3x a week? Isn’t the goal of everyone who works out to get as big and strong as you can?[/quote]

I think the point Phill was making is that not every trainer recommends 3x a week training frequency.

Some people believe that you should train once or twice a week, some people recommend training multiple times a day, the only way to find out which works best for you is to experiment.

[quote]newbody72 wrote:
Phill wrote:

newbody72

Why do all trainers say to train 3x a week? Isn’t the goal of everyone who works out to get as big and strong as you can?[/quote]

No, for some people that isn’t the goal. Working out first and foremost is essential to a healthy lifestyle. Not everyones goal is to be statuesque or “gorillaish”… Granted most on this site have a passion for lifting above those who are just trying to stay fit. Most of us want dense muscles, the lowest bodyfat percentage possible, distinct lines, incredible strength or all of the above!

It’s just like your job. I am an accountant, but not everyone is an accountant. I go to work to excel at accounting, where you may go to work to excel at sales, product development, finance, etc. The same holds true with lifting weights and working out. The message I am trying to convey is this. We all have different goals when it comes to our lifestyle. Find yours and don’t worry about the rest, they have different goals in mind.