I stopped my gym membership and workout at home only (no plan in going back, it is below expectations, for weight lifting purposes), since then I do not recovery as fast as before.
No access to pool, hot tub, steam, sauna, etc. It would make me recovery by the time I am back home ready to sleep.
So I am going about recovery myself:
- I do hot tub with sea salt
- I bought foam roller to relax muscles
- I also wear compression socks when I workout and bought new good quality running shoes for workouts (those soft padded ones)
- I use those heat creams at night, or whenever I wish to.
- whey protein, glucosamine sulphate 1000 mg, fish oil 1000 mg, will buy collagen and start on 3 grams.
- I take vitamin B complex, zinc, magnesium, vitamin D, calicum every day.
I stopped weekly massage since my form reversed back to normal (I had stiff hips, hamstring and overall legs). Now I want my body to recovery on its own.
I only found compression (stocks) and heat (creams, water, etc) work best for recovery, something like ice will make things worst and elevation does not seem to be needed. My tolerance for pain is low so I need to find a way.
Most of my trouble is from air conditioning (I live in a hot place most of the year). It makes me feel pain but I cannot stop the a/c because I feel hot easily. I keep temperature at moderate 24 c but still have same issue.