T Nation

Recovery Supplements

I’ve been walking around 15-20 hours/week for my job and it’s killing me on leg days. I eat like 4000-4500 calories daily so that’s not the problem. Anyone have suggestions? All I take right now is cytogainer and creatine.

15-20 hrs/wk is killing you? lol you walking or carrying stuff?

I know I’ll get blasted for this , so I’ll start by saying that I know what I use aint the best shit around .

I also suspect that you may also have budget limitations (my bad if I’m wrong about that)as I do , so I’ll tell ya what I use…

Body Fortress Super Advanced Creatine , available at Walmart .

I’m sure it’s not as effective as Surge though ; but it takes the edge off , especially legs . I couldnt care less about chest , upper back , arms hurtin’…but the legs/glutes man , just sucks sometimes .

I dont use it all the time though .

and someday , like when I dont have mouths to feed , I’ll use the good stuff like the big boys

He’s already taking creatine.

[quote]marlboroman wrote:
I know I’ll get blasted for this , so I’ll start by saying that I know what I use aint the best shit around .

I also suspect that you may also have budget limitations (my bad if I’m wrong about that)as I do , so I’ll tell ya what I use…

Body Fortress Super Advanced Creatine , available at Walmart .

I’m sure it’s not as effective as Surge though ; but it takes the edge off , especially legs . I couldnt care less about chest , upper back , arms hurtin’…but the legs/glutes man , just sucks sometimes .

I dont use it all the time though .

and someday , like when I dont have mouths to feed , I’ll use the good stuff like the big boys[/quote]

The OP has already stated that he’s using Creatine.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
15-20 hrs/wk is killing you? lol you walking or carrying stuff?

[/quote]

pushing carts for 5 hours.

It’s been ruining my ME squat days.

[quote]marlboroman wrote:
I know I’ll get blasted for this , so I’ll start by saying that I know what I use aint the best shit around .

I also suspect that you may also have budget limitations (my bad if I’m wrong about that)as I do , so I’ll tell ya what I use…

Body Fortress Super Advanced Creatine , available at Walmart .

I’m sure it’s not as effective as Surge though ; but it takes the edge off , especially legs . I couldnt care less about chest , upper back , arms hurtin’…but the legs/glutes man , just sucks sometimes .

I dont use it all the time though .

and someday , like when I dont have mouths to feed , I’ll use the good stuff like the big boys[/quote]

I get the cheapest shit from GNC. It’s <20$ for 100 servings.

you have kids? highschool? I might know them lol.

is it somewhat recent? If so, give it a few weeks and your body should adapt to where it won’t be so bad.

I know he said he’s using creatine . I tried straight creatine monohydrate also…didnt do shit .

the product I mentioned is not straight creatine monohydrate

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
marlboroman wrote:
I know I’ll get blasted for this , so I’ll start by saying that I know what I use aint the best shit around .

I also suspect that you may also have budget limitations (my bad if I’m wrong about that)as I do , so I’ll tell ya what I use…

Body Fortress Super Advanced Creatine , available at Walmart .

I’m sure it’s not as effective as Surge though ; but it takes the edge off , especially legs . I couldnt care less about chest , upper back , arms hurtin’…but the legs/glutes man , just sucks sometimes .

I dont use it all the time though .

and someday , like when I dont have mouths to feed , I’ll use the good stuff like the big boys

I get the cheapest shit from GNC. It’s <20$ for 100 servings.

you have kids? highschool? I might know them lol.[/quote]

youngest is in last year at Horace Mann . pianist/percussionist…hopefully touring with Trans Siberian Orchestra someday

no pressure though kid hahaha

So… to answer your original question.

Fish oil megadoses (>20 grams a day IMO)

Beta alanine.

If it’s really THAT bad… Rhodiola Rosea.

[quote]TheSolution wrote:
So… to answer your original question.

Fish oil megadoses (>20 grams a day IMO)

Beta alanine.

If it’s really THAT bad… Rhodiola Rosea.[/quote]

last week I didn’t have to do any shifts doign carts and I hit 300 pounds for a new PR. This week after doing carts 3 out of the 4 last days I barely could hit 275 for a single.

Horace Mann? Is that in Wausau?

Got a Marathon native right here…

It’s like a cheddar head reunion in here!

[quote]shady659 wrote:
Horace Mann? Is that in Wausau?

Got a Marathon native right here…[/quote]

Sheboygan

I had the same problem when I used to turn wrenches. I was perpetually sore 24/7. It made every day miserable and every workout sub par. It also made work horrible.

I changed jobs and now sell parts, in the A/C with a horrible stool to sit on.

My workouts rock now.

Sleep is always a good supplement for recovery. BCAA’s and Surge are good supplements for recovery.

I find that stretching out before and after, and foam rolling when possible to be useful. Granted, it’s not a supplement which you can consume, but they seem to aid immensely in recovery.

Mineral supplements, BCAA and Beta Alanine.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
TheSolution wrote:
So… to answer your original question.

Fish oil megadoses (>20 grams a day IMO)

Beta alanine.

If it’s really THAT bad… Rhodiola Rosea.

last week I didn’t have to do any shifts doign carts and I hit 300 pounds for a new PR. This week after doing carts 3 out of the 4 last days I barely could hit 275 for a single.[/quote]

Have you thought about D-Ribose?

You also might consider contrast showers post workout ASAP afterwords.