Recovery Shake Help

i think she is looking for advice from other women…also, read people’s posts before commenting on them. she has answered many of the questions ABOUT her posts IN her posts.

[quote]joshlydell wrote:
i think she is looking for advice from other women…also, read people’s posts before commenting on them. she has answered many of the questions ABOUT her posts IN her posts.[/quote]

If this is your way of flirting, you suck at it.

My girl uses one scoop of Metabolic Drive (Vanilla), 1/2 scoop Metabolic Drive (Chocolate), and 1 smallish spoonful of Reece’s Peanut Butter, and fat free milk to make her shake. She drinks about 1/3rd of it 30 min or so before she hits the gym, and the rest immediately afterwards. Since adding this, her bodyfat % has gone from about 23% to 19%, and she looks a lot more tone. Her lifts have gone up (but aren’t at what you’re looking at for your goals). That isn’t to say that her shake has made her bf % drop that much all by itself. But she says she has more energy and less soreness now, so she has been working harder.

She would like to add, “My shake is yummy. His is gross.” (I mix with water, and don’t add the peanut butter). ::shrugs::

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]joshlydell wrote:
i think she is looking for advice from other women…also, read people’s posts before commenting on them. she has answered many of the questions ABOUT her posts IN her posts.[/quote]

If this is your way of flirting, you suck at it. [/quote]

if this is your way of talking shit, fuck off.

i’m right.

[quote]Visgrail wrote:
My girl uses one scoop of Metabolic Drive (Vanilla), 1/2 scoop Metabolic Drive (Chocolate), and 1 smallish spoonful of Reece’s Peanut Butter, and fat free milk to make her shake. She drinks about 1/3rd of it 30 min or so before she hits the gym, and the rest immediately afterwards. Since adding this, her bodyfat % has gone from about 23% to 19%, and she looks a lot more tone. Her lifts have gone up (but aren’t at what you’re looking at for your goals). That isn’t to say that her shake has made her bf % drop that much all by itself. But she says she has more energy and less soreness now, so she has been working harder. [/quote]

Awesome thanks for sharing this with me. I usually don’t have anything before I go, so this would be a good idea to incorporate also.

hahaha!

:slight_smile: No problem

[quote]joshlydell wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]joshlydell wrote:

i’m right.[/quote]

:wink:

[quote]joshlydell wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]joshlydell wrote:

i’m right.[/quote]

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]joshlydell wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]joshlydell wrote:

i’m right.[/quote]

[/quote]

pahaha I love it when a woman gets involved and everyone goes agro and defensive all of a sudden. Why cant we just pretend its a guy asking for advice so everything stays on topic and civil?

Actually scratch that. Then everyone would just be tuning him and telling him not to be a pussy.

Anyway for the OP: Seriously don’t be scared of taking a lot of protein if you want to stay lean. Its high protein diets thats keep people lean. You just have to make sure your total macros are in order. for a post workout shake high protein is the most important part regardless of goals… and protein affects guys and girls exactly the same, as does everything else. Well. Except stuff like hormones (but I hope you are not messing around with that?).

Also feel free to put some carbs in your recovery shake as its one of the times when it will probably not be stored as fat (again look at your macros). I would tell you what I use but im not currently trying to stay lean at all so it would not be useful to you. :slight_smile:

cut the peanut butter to 32g which will be 200 cals

oh jesus…here comes the brigade.

[quote]Silo101 wrote:

pahaha I love it when a woman gets involved and everyone goes agro and defensive all of a sudden. Why cant we just pretend its a guy asking for advice so everything stays on topic and civil?

Actually scratch that. Then everyone would just be tuning him and telling him not to be a pussy.

Anyway for the OP: Seriously don’t be scared of taking a lot of protein if you want to stay lean. Its high protein diets thats keep people lean. You just have to make sure your total macros are in order. for a post workout shake high protein is the most important part regardless of goals… and protein affects guys and girls exactly the same, as does everything else. Well. Except stuff like hormones (but I hope you are not messing around with that?).

Also feel free to put some carbs in your recovery shake as its one of the times when it will probably not be stored as fat (again look at your macros). I would tell you what I use but im not currently trying to stay lean at all so it would not be useful to you. :)[/quote]

Thanks for the input and no hormones for me, I’d rather NOT have hair in weird places and a deeper voice. And i’m glad you guys aren’t telling me to quit being a pussy, since that would be quite difficult for me to accomplish. :wink:

[quote]joshlydell wrote:
[/quote]

What brigade? Should I be hiding or running? :wink:

[quote]joshlydell wrote:
[/quote]

u mad?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]joshlydell wrote:
[/quote]

u mad? [/quote]

he mad

you guys are so cute together! we simply MUST make time for looking up funny internet phrases and pictures together later!

but maybe not on a thread about a recovery drink.

[quote]joshlydell wrote:
you guys are so cute together! we simply MUST make time for looking up funny internet phrases and pictures together later!

but maybe not on a thread about a recovery drink.[/quote]

Every reply was serious until you posted trying to chivalrously defend your girlfriends honor (for whatever deranged reason)

yeah…reading comprehension fail again. quick play-by-play to bring you up to date:

at no point did i defend anyone’s honor…you took offense when i pointed out that maybe people needed to pay closer attention before offering their opinions. several questions were asked that she had already answered.

this brings us to now, a time when we are double-reverse trolling each other until i post a picture of myself in a he-man outfit to counter your skeletor.

[quote]joshlydell wrote:
yeah…reading comprehension fail again. quick play-by-play to bring you up to date:

at no point did i defend anyone’s honor…you took offense when i pointed out that maybe people needed to pay closer attention before offering their opinions. several questions were asked that she had already answered.

this brings us to now, a time when we are double-reverse trolling each other until i post a picture of myself in a he-man outfit to counter your skeletor. [/quote]

Pics or didn’t happen.

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[quote]joshlydell wrote:

this brings us to now, a time when we are double-reverse trolling each other until i post a picture of myself in a he-man outfit to counter your skeletor. [/quote]

Pics or didn’t happen.[/quote]

Nice hahaha