Recovery After a Physical Job?

I am going to play in a charity football game next month. The only problem is I work 10-12 hour days at a physical job. Does anyone have an idea on how I could physically recover after work so that my legs won’t feel like jello?

Make sure you are eating well. Getting your nutrition in check will help with recovery. Also, make sure you are getting proper night’s sleep leading up to the game. I’ve found gentle stretching and light foam rolling usually helps with refreshing my legs during heavier training loads by freeing up the fascial restrictions and increasing blood flow.

What kind of job do you have? And bravo for taking part in a charity! Good stuff!

Call in sick!

taking a contrast shower post-game will help some, but you’ll probably just have to accept the fact that being sore is sometimes the price you pay (including a lousy day or two at work) for kicking ass

the other side of it is prep:
this month find time to do hindu squats - a lot of volume starting now so that you can get used to the effort.

that familiarization now can help reduce doms later

best
mc

[quote]Dan-Trev wrote:
I am going to play in a charity football game next month. The only problem is I work 10-12 hour days at a physical job. Does anyone have an idea on how I could physically recover after work so that my legs won’t feel like jello?[/quote]

I assume that you are working out hard at the weekends.

What I would suggest is that you get a bit of sleep after work, followed by a low volume workout, for instance 3sets of 5 on two or three lifts each day of the week taking sunday off if your recovery allows it.

Not much else you can do.