T Nation

Recovering Binge Drinker 22 y/o Mass Gain Plan

Like the Subject suggests, I am a 22 year old recovering binge drinker (weekends) on a mass gaining plan. I am on a 4 day per week split that goes as follows

Monday: QUADS (Squats, Lunges, SL Squats)/ LIGHT SHOULDERS (Lateral Raises, Rear Delts)
Tuesday: CHEST (Flat/Incline Bench, Incline Fly, Pullovers) / BACK (Bent Over Rows, Weighted Pullups, Seated Row)
Wednesday: Rest / Eat my ass off
Thursday: HAMS (Deadlift, RDL, Single Leg SLDL / ARMS (Weighted CG Chins, Weighted Dips)
Friday: SHOULDERS (Military Press, Lateral Raises, Rear Delts) / CALVES (Leg Press Calves)
Saturday: Rest / Eat my ass off
Sunday: Rest / Eat my ass off!

My diet consists of the following:
Morning: CNP Mass Gainer (about 550 kCals)
Mid Morning: 1 cup Rice, 4 Eggs, and some sort of Meat
Workout
Post Workout: CNP Mass Gainer (about 550 kCals)
Lunch: 1 cup Rice, 4 Eggs, and some sort of Meat
Linner: Shit tone of vegetables to keep bowels happy
Dinner: 1 cup Rice, 4 Eggs, and some sort of Meat
Pre Bedtime: CNP Mass Gainer (about 550 kCals)

I know it sounds monotonous but it keeps me on track

Stats:
Height: 72 inches
Weight: 195
BF%: 18 (at time of drinking stoppage)

Max:
Squat: 265 lbs
Deadlift: 345 lbs
Bench: 245 lbs

Habbits:
I get AT LEAST 8 hours of sleep a night
Drink at least a gallon of water a day
Take Animal Pak for vitamins
6 Fish oils a day

I would appreciate any feedback that you guys could give and would be happy to post any workouts (SETS, REPS, WEIGHTS)
Thanks for your feedback

Back Relaxed

Eliminate all that Mass (Fat!) Gainer and eat more real food.

I haven’t heard too many people recommend Mass Gainers, except the companies that sell them.

Thanks for the info you guys… Here are the Nutrition facts for CNP Mass Building Formula… Let me know if you still think that its no good

Nutritional Facts

5lb. Bag within a box yielding 15-16 servings
Protein: 42g, Carbohydrates: 84g, Fat: 5g
Low in simple sugars (including Lactose)
The advanced blend of proteins incorporate dietary “fast and slow” proteins in the form of:
Whey protein - un-denatured
Micellar casein - anti-catabolic
Egg proteins - high in cystein
These proteins allow for a sustained release of protein meaning better:
Net nitrogen utilization
Less wasted protein
Less catabolism
Probiotic organisms, “friendly bacteria”, to help keep your digestive system functioning at maximum efficiency, improve your intestinal health, and increase protein absorption by recycling amino acids for further use with:
Bifidus
Acidophilus
Yogurt organisms
Rich in bioactive protein fractions such as lactoferrin as well as important peptides.
A high concentration of peptide-bonded glutamine, 4g per serving, ensures a superior absorption (up to 20 times) to that obtained with L-glutamine:
While producing a strong anti-catabolic effect.
Allowing maximum lean muscle growth.
Helps the body to better incorporate nutrients before, during, and after intense exercise.
Allows for maximum anabolic and anti-catabolic activity.

dude, I bought a blender for 15 bucks at wal mart. Fuck those pre made weight gainer shakes. I throw in 2 scoops protein powder, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 cup oats, 1 whole banana, 1-2 tbsp peanut butter and the rest milk (at nights i throw in a big scoop of ice cream). bam that’s like 900+ decent calories and protein to boot!

Cool… I’ll give that shake idea a try… that sounds pretty tasty

I have a hook up at CNP to get some good prices on their protein, but do any of you have a protein brand that seems to work well for you? (for bloating and shitting) cause i’ve noticed that i feel pretty bloated on CNP protein