Record Numbers for Lifts Other Than Big 3

It’s easy to find out what are the record numbers for the big three lifts (+the full olympic lifts) but does anyone know what the records are for:

-Front Squat (I heard Ronnie Coleman did 700lb for 2)
-Power Clean (guys on Youtube do 180kg+)
-Power Snatch (someone on Youtube does 155kg)
-Strict Overhead Press (it was 350lb in 1963 / Seated Overhead Press (I don’t know which would be the stronger lift)
-Max Weight Chin Up or Pull Up (one guy on Youtube does a 400lb Pull-up combined weight ie bw+added weight)
-Max Weight Preacher Curl … Just Kidding

None of those are official competition lifts, so there is no way to know any of those for sure.

If it aint the big three no body on this thread gives a shit!

I would seriously doubt Ronnie could front squat 700x2, he did 585x4 in his video and that looked like a max. I have heard of super good OLers front squatting 650+.

I don’t know as much about the power clean or snatch, I would not think it would be that different from the real thing.

Strict overhead press - depends on how strict. The press used to be part of the Olympics, somebody did 500+ and the form looked pretty strict me, although perhaps not totally perfect but not a push press. I saw somebody else do 400 very strict, I can probably find both vids if you really want them. That and BTN presses would both be over 400 and close to 5, I think Ed Coan did at least 4 and a maybe 5 plates BTN although now I am going on memory.

Don’t know about the max pull-up but it is probably higher than 400.

I know you were kind of joking about the curl but 241 is the highest strict curl I have seen (up against the wall).

I think DanKid holds all of those records.

In 2004 some Iranian dude Clean & Jerked 260somethin kilograms. Like 580lbs. Not quite what you were asking but it’s still a shitload of weight!

The same dude snatched about 475lbs, same year I think. You can look this shit up really easily man. These are IWF certified btw.

I’m not sure about the other lifts, or a straight up powerclean. Hope this helps at least a lil bit.

Edit: Found out the guys name, Hossein Rezazadeh, if you feel like lookin him up.

I think this is the record on hang snatch, Misha is awesome.

[quote]jakjak824 wrote:
If it aint the big three no body on this thread gives a shit![/quote]

Mighty presumptuous of you. Speak for yourself.

The strict curl is a judged event at some NASA meets. You could probably find records for it online.

There are feds that contest odd lifts only, I’ll try and post something up later. As far as the lifts you’ve listed go, your best bet is a lot of reading around and youtubing. For an olympic style press the record is 507lbs by Vasily Alexeev, but Serge Redding pressed 502lbs stricter, so take your pic. Both guys are complete beasts. The comments on the youtube videos make me die a little.

[quote]Tim Henriques wrote:
I would seriously doubt Ronnie could front squat 700x2, he did 585x4 in his video and that looked like a max. I have heard of super good OLers front squatting 650+.

I don’t know as much about the power clean or snatch, I would not think it would be that different from the real thing.

Strict overhead press - depends on how strict. The press used to be part of the Olympics, somebody did 500+ and the form looked pretty strict me, although perhaps not totally perfect but not a push press. I saw somebody else do 400 very strict, I can probably find both vids if you really want them. That and BTN presses would both be over 400 and close to 5, I think Ed Coan did at least 4 and a maybe 5 plates BTN although now I am going on memory.

Don’t know about the max pull-up but it is probably higher than 400.

I know you were kind of joking about the curl but 241 is the highest strict curl I have seen (up against the wall).[/quote]

Ed Coan’s BTN press was 400, here’s the link.

[quote]ChubWub wrote:
In 2004 some Iranian dude Clean & Jerked 260somethin kilograms. Like 580lbs. Not quite what you were asking but it’s still a shitload of weight!

The same dude snatched about 475lbs, same year I think. You can look this shit up really easily man. These are IWF certified btw.

I’m not sure about the other lifts, or a straight up powerclean. Hope this helps at least a lil bit.

Edit: Found out the guys name, Hossein Rezazadeh, if you feel like lookin him up.[/quote]

Neither are all time clean and jerk or snatch records tho.

[quote]ros1816 wrote:
It’s easy to find out what are the record numbers for the big three lifts (+the full olympic lifts) but does anyone know what the records are for:

-Front Squat (I heard Ronnie Coleman did 700lb for 2)
-Power Clean (guys on Youtube do 180kg+)
-Power Snatch (someone on Youtube does 155kg)
-Strict Overhead Press (it was 350lb in 1963 / Seated Overhead Press (I don’t know which would be the stronger lift)
[/quote]

Taranenko did 300kg front squat
180 power clean is no where near my training partner has done 175kg Delroy Mcqueen would have been close to 200kg

Strict overhead press would be near 400lbs if not more. Lee Bowers has been said to have done 600lbs seated press which i think ridiculous, Pisarenko allegedly jerked 270kg- good question though OP

who cares

squat bench, dead FTW

Here is a video of a 405 strict overhead press, I got the impression this was a crossfit total meet

Here is a decent video of the 1968 olympics which featured the press, even though it is not perfectly strict it is still pretty damn good form with such weight, no leg drive.

Here is a video Vasily Alexeev doing his 507 overhead press. He doesn’t look good (in my opinion) but 500 lbs overhead with that form is just amazing strength.

LOL im sure Vince Dizenzo really cares about his crossfit total.

Not ragging on you, just thought that was funny.

Here’s a 405x6 seated overhead press.

Frontsquat 672lbs/305kg RAW - YouTube Jani Illikainen, finnish strongman competitor front squats 305kilos, 671 pounds, Holger Kutroff has front squatted the same weight.