Record Heat

97 degrees @ 8:47 p.m. earlier tonite.

Snowpocalypse in the winter. This now. Somewhat like the much maligned climate models predicted. Boy am I glad this is an elaborate scientist concocted conspiracy. Otherwise I would be concerned.

[quote]Eli B wrote:
Snowpocalypse in the winter. This now. Somewhat like the much maligned climate models predicted. Boy am I glad this is an elaborate scientist concocted conspiracy. Otherwise I would be concerned.[/quote]

You really need to stop listening to what 95% of climate scientists agree on. We wouldn’t want to, you know, spread the truth around or anything.

Also: why I never read PWI.

a new cadet at West Point died during a land nav exercise, most likely because of the heat… sucks big time. i remember those days, they were not fun.

UK weather FTW.

Intervals of sun and cloud with some mild rain. Average weather rocks.

[quote]Eli B wrote:
Snowpocalypse in the winter. This now. Somewhat like the much maligned climate models predicted. Boy am I glad this is an elaborate scientist concocted conspiracy. Otherwise I would be concerned.[/quote]
I live in Texas so I guess im pretty ignorant to Snow but Snowpocalypse seems like a hell of a good time. No School or Work,Play in the snow all day or just stay in bed. Its way better than the fucking heat.

Basically over my life I’ve learned not to see a big picture the weather that’s not really there.

Some Summers are really hot and some are not.

And don’t forget…my Summers here make your pitiful little heat wave look like a pitiful little heat wave.

I like how all the weather stations are now going ape shit over the heat wave… now that it got to the east coast. Like the rest of us haven’t been dealing with this shit for the last week.

It sucks, but whatever. I went and did Prowler sprints the other night in 110 degree heat index… at 9:30 at night, BOO.

[quote]Nards wrote:
And don’t forget…my Summers here make your pitiful little heat wave look like a pitiful little heat wave.[/quote]
blah blah blah who cares. heat is heat and it sucks balls.

Where used to the heat in Texas but this it has been different. 20 straight of over 100 so far along with no rain. The heat does suck but the cold sucks more.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
And don’t forget…my Summers here make your pitiful little heat wave look like a pitiful little heat wave.[/quote]
blah blah blah who cares. heat is heat and it sucks balls.[/quote]
You know not of what you speak.

In OKC we’ve had 30+ straight days of 100+ high temps; breaking all kinds of records. We had a straight-up 110 in July (without the heat index).

Balls are sweating…

[quote]pushharder wrote:
It was 54 at my place at 1 pm Friday (day before yesterday).

I had to turn the heat on in my gym in order to lift. I’m not kidding.

Just a few hundred miles east of me but still in the same state it was in the 100’s.

Trivia: Friends of mine snowmobiled on the Fourth of July in the mountains above my place.

92 here today.[/quote]

Your weather is on some serious PMS.

Quit bragging push.

[quote]jre67t wrote:
Where used to the heat in Texas but this it has been different. 20 straight of over 100 so far along with no rain. The heat does suck but the cold sucks more.
[/quote]

I guess living in Northern PA our winters aren’t as severe as some places but I’ve never understood how people can feel that winter is worse than summer. Not only do I find the cold much more comfortable than the heat but you can always put on more clothes, can only take off so much. I also find winter time to be peaceful whereas summers are hectic. The darkness is relaxing, winter is just a great time of year.

It was 90 a couple weeks ago down here in San Diego and I thought I was going to melt.

But I am happy to report that it iss back to the normal 76-82 degrees though now

To behexen you have a point but I have been in both, yeah it sucks balls to work in the heat. Just drink more water, but working in the cold is a whole different ballgame. I can remember one day in the very, very cold I had to work on a delicate part of a helicopter with no gloves on. My hands where numb very fast and after that I had to put oil in it, the oil took what felt like days to pour in.

Your “heatwave” is my normal summer. No sympathy here. Just drink extra water and don’t leave babies, old people or dogs in your car. And be careful when you reach for the seatbelt, the metal part can literally burn you.