Recommended Supplements?

What are some good supplements to take that actually work (ex. Shotgun, Surge, mass xxx)?

What color is the number 10?

[quote]Tatsumaki wrote:
What are some good supplements to take that actually work (ex. Shotgun, Surge, mass xxx)?[/quote]

Dude, your question is like asking, “What are some good exercises to do?”

Well, it really depends on what you’re trying to achieve. There are staples that form a solid foundation, like Metabolic Drive, Flameout, FA3, and Surge Recovery. These are the bench, squat, deadlift, and barbell row of supplements.

Then there are more advanced, targeted supplements like Anaconda, MAG-10, or Alpha Male. These are the 20-rep squats of supplements. Not meant for everybody in every circumstance, but when it’s the right fit, many good things happen.

There are overlooked/underrated supplements like ZMA or Curcumin 500. These would be your power clean and leg press. Not everybody uses them, but those that do are always eager to spread the word of their results.

You’ve also got things like NO2 supplements (No-Xplode and the like). These would be the quarter-rep smith machine bench presses of the supplement world. They’re not actually useful, but people still use them.

Helpful?

[quote]Tatsumaki wrote:
What are some good supplements to take that actually work (ex. Shotgun, Surge, mass xxx)?[/quote]

from that question the only ones you need to be concerned about are Metabolic Drive, Grow!
Bioactive Whey Protein and Flameout.

I like Chris’s analogies, really puts it into perspective. It is hard for me to give supplement advice not knowing anything about you and your goals. But I can say that diet and food are far more important than a supplement protocol no matter what your goals are.

Last night my order consisted of Flameout, Metabolic Drive, and Surge Recovery. I still have some Surge Workout Fuel left over.

IMO these along with creatine, are all you need to worry about for now TS.

Forget about the Mass XXX. You can make your own weight gainer with Metabolic Drive Complete that’s cheaper, much better quality, and more effective.

Good luck.

Oce

I have been only taking whey protein and supplements (vitamins fish oil) for years. I see that there are thousands of other products and wonder if they are worth the expense. I feel like I am missing out.

From what I understand creatine fills your muscles with water making you look bigger and lift a little more, but the minute you stop taking it you lose all that. I think what I am looking for is something that will help me build mass and something to give me energy.

The reason I mention Mass XXX is because my brother in law takes it and he is huge. But I do not wish to get that big. Also GNC is having a sale.

[quote]Tatsumaki wrote:

The reason I mention Mass XXX is because my brother in law takes it and he is huge. But I do not wish to get that big. Also GNC is having a sale.[/quote]

When trying to avoid getting too big, extra care must be taken at all times. You really have to think about what kind of training you do, what you eat, and what supplements you take because if your not careful you may just wake up huge one day. And once that happens it can’t be reversed. You are stuck like that.

I wouldn’t want that to happen to me either and that is why i limit all my sets to no less than 30 reps, don’t eat meat more than once a day. Once every other day is better and as far as suplemnation goes you should focus on appetite supressors.

[quote]DJS wrote:

[quote]Tatsumaki wrote:

The reason I mention Mass XXX is because my brother in law takes it and he is huge. But I do not wish to get that big. Also GNC is having a sale.[/quote]

When trying to avoid getting too big, extra care must be taken at all times. You really have to think about what kind of training you do, what you eat, and what supplements you take because if your not careful you may just wake up huge one day. And once that happens it can’t be reversed. You are stuck like that.

I wouldn’t want that to happen to me either and that is why i limit all my sets to no less than 30 reps, don’t eat meat more than once a day. Once every other day is better and as far as suplemnation goes you should focus on appetite supressors. [/quote]

i hope thats a sarcastic post?

[quote]DJS wrote:

[quote]Tatsumaki wrote:

I wouldn’t want that to happen to me either and that is why i limit all my sets to no less than 30 reps, don’t eat meat more than once a day. Once every other day is better and as far as suplemnation goes you should focus on appetite supressors. [/quote]

point taken