Recommended College Courses

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
If you’re at a liberal school, you might be able to find a sexual psych class. That would be cool.
[/quote]

Hahaha! I didn’t think my school was that liberal. Most conservative province in the country, but I looked it up, and we have it!!!

Psych is easy. But I’m taking a minor in it so I’m biased. Try to do something practical, like an automotives/mechanics class or something. I’ve always wanted to take that but I don’t know if it’s offered in many places. Think about it: we all drive cars, but no one knows a damn thing about them. That makes no sense. Plus, it’s an “emasculating” course. The downside is that there will be 0 female presence.

When it comes to getting a job after school or getting into grad school, more math never hurts and often helps. Also, look for a class in logic from the math or philosophy department if you can find it. Most people think they have a better grasp of the subject than they actually do.

Take a philosophy class and a class on Argumentation. That way you can learn to discuss anything whether you know what you are talking about or not, and you’ll always be “right,” because you will be the better arguer.

What ever happened to automechanics, woodshop, welding and all those classes?

Goddamnit, I want a class where I could potentially lose a hand.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
If you’re at a liberal school, you might be able to find a sexual psych class. That would be cool.

Hahaha! I didn’t think my school was that liberal. Most conservative province in the country, but I looked it up, and we have it!!!

[/quote]

Dude. Take that class. This way, maybe, just maybe, you’ll have more crazy facts on a crazy, abstract subject than TC does.

Take classes that you can use in life.

Examples:
Welding
Auto Repair
Foreign Language
Carpentry
Basic Financing
Cunnilingus 101

[quote]Chewie wrote:
Take classes that you can use in life.

Cunnilingus 101[/quote]

This class was my favorite!

[quote]Contrl wrote:
What ever happened to automechanics, woodshop, welding and all those classes?

Goddamnit, I want a class where I could potentially lose a hand.[/quote]

You don’t need a class for that

Markmanship and archery. Those were the best classes ever, along with History of Rock and Roll. Best way ever to get that Arts & Music credit hours out of the way.

Ok, I have to comment on the women’s studies thing. I’m a soc major and I’ve taken my fair share of gender related courses. Maybe I just got really lucky, but none of my classes have ever focused on sitting around and talking about feelings, or discussing how evil and oppressive men are. They can be quite interesting if you have a good prof.

I’m actually taking a men’s studies course right now and would recommend it. We watch movies like Jackass, Murderball and Animal House.

Sexuality is a good choice too. And from my experience, music is harder than it sounds.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
History of Rock and Roll. Best way ever to get that Arts & Music credit hours out of the way.[/quote]

No way. I took American Music History for my arts credit and it was an absolute nightmare. We had a paper to write every week and the tests were terrible.

I remember thinking we were going to discuss rock and such. We talked about it for a day. The rest of the time he rambled about Jelly Roll Morton and his influences.

A course I had always wanted to take but was always booked solid was Humor in Society. I bet that is a great class. Some other good classes I have taken.

East Asian Religions- Which covers Buddism and Taoism, excellent, very interesting…

American Revolution- Excellent discussion and papers written about battles.

Strength and Conditioning- with one time NSCA vice president Avery Faigenbaum, incredible.

Adult Practicum- (personal training) with Mike Boyle, best class discussions I have ever had.

Sports Nutrition- very informative, excellent class.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
History of Rock and Roll. Best way ever to get that Arts & Music credit hours out of the way.

No way. I took American Music History for my arts credit and it was an absolute nightmare. We had a paper to write every week and the tests were terrible.

I remember thinking we were going to discuss rock and such. We talked about it for a day. The rest of the time he rambled about Jelly Roll Morton and his influences.

[/quote]

We had three tests, and I wrote my term paper on Slayer and got an ‘A’. The prof was a granola eating pot head, but he was highly entertaining and we covered everything, including gangster rap.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Chewie wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
History of Rock and Roll. Best way ever to get that Arts & Music credit hours out of the way.

We had three tests, and I wrote my term paper on Slayer and got an ‘A’. The prof was a granola eating pot head, but he was highly entertaining and we covered everything, including gangster rap.[/quote]

Man, it would’ve been great if I had a similar experience.

I wrote a term paper on musical theater. sighs