T Nation

Recommendations for Dead-Squat Day?

CT I’m a bit confused on what your recommendations are for the dead-squat day. Do you ramp up to your 1 RM for the launch style then do 90% clusters with the launch style, then do the hdl 1 from floor 3 from hang 30s rest 3 sets launch style?

[quote]Jimjamin wrote:
CT I’m a bit confused on what your recommendations are for the dead-squat day. Do you ramp up to your 1 RM for the launch style then do 90% clusters with the launch style, then do the hdl 1 from floor 3 from hang 30s rest 3 sets launch style?[/quote]

Exactly!

The dead squat launch gives the biggest pump in my legs.Been using a regular trap bar but that will change since my dead squat bar is in route as we speak,very excited about this haha.

What does HDL mean? I see the term a lot around here.

Heavy Density Lifting

[quote]sput79 wrote:
Heavy Density Lifting [/quote]

Thanks. Lol so what does mean exactly? Is it anything like doing reps slowly to increase time under tension or am I way off.

Think of density as efficiency…doing much work in little time…the descending reps method is 5/4/3/2/1…5 reps 10-15s pause…4,reps 10-15s pause…etc…you’re doing heavy lifting that is dense so 15 reps heavier than you could without the pause or a lot of heavy work in a short amount of time

Heavy Density Lifting refers to any method that allows you to do a lot of fairly heavy work in a compressed time.

While I have a layer called HDL, my whole system is based on Heavy Density Lifting since the goal is always to lift heavy with short rest periods.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Heavy Density Lifting refers to any method that allows you to do a lot of fairly heavy work in a compressed time.

While I have a layer called HDL, my whole system is based on Heavy Density Lifting since the goal is always to lift heavy with short rest periods.[/quote]

Which of the Programs (like “I, Bodybuilder”, or the Indigo Training Programs) do you think provide best workout in terms of this efficiency concept? From the looks of it, the Indigo Hypertrophy like it would take more time to get through. What does your experience say?

The reason I ask is that I am often rushed to get through my workout in less than one hour, that includes changing clothes and warming up.

Thanks in advance!

How does one perform the dead squat launch? Is it like a low pull with a trap bar?

[quote]matejoh wrote:

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

While I have a layer called HDL, my whole system is based on Heavy Density Lifting since the goal is always to lift heavy with short rest periods.[/quote]

Which of the Programs (like “I, Bodybuilder”, or the Indigo Training Programs) do you think provide best workout in terms of this efficiency concept? From the looks of it, the Indigo Hypertrophy like it would take more time to get through. What does your experience say?

The reason I ask is that I am often rushed to get through my workout in less than one hour, that includes changing clothes and warming up.

Thanks in advance![/quote]

Then the best workout would be the layer system which often only lasts 30 minutes. I talked about it a lot in the livespill and Dave-G’s log also provide a good example of the basic system.

Great! Thanks for the direction!

[quote]mmafan wrote:
How does one perform the dead squat launch? Is it like a low pull with a trap bar?[/quote]

Not with a trap bar, with the Dead-Squat bar. The handle angle makes a huge difference, I personally would not to a lauch with a regular trap bar.

You start from the floor and lift it under control up to mid-thigh, as soon as you reach mid-tight you explode up with your legs… trying to have the bar travel above your navel without using your arms…

BTW, there is NO pause during the movement (once you reach mid-thigh) you go straight from controlled to EXPLODE!