Recomendation for Creatine

I haven’t used creatine for nearly 8 years. Can anyone recommend what’s best these days? Thanks much.

Creatine is kind of a no-brainer these days. A good german “creapure” brand thats micronized is your best bet.

Where to get it???
Glad you asked.

The Biotest store link at the top of the T-Nation home page. It’s that easy.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Creatine is kind of a no-brainer these days. A good german “creapure” brand thats micronized is your best bet.

Where to get it???
Glad you asked.

The Biotest store link at the top of the T-Nation home page. It’s that easy.[/quote]

Thanks. anyone here use this brand?

I have not tried it. I have however tried Champion’s brand which has creatine and the essential AA. All the new science seems to be about getting the essential AA right before and during the workout. Google “Champion Nutrition”. I promise I don’t work for them and I apologize to T-Nation if my recommending another brand is offensive.

one more thing… stay away from the ethyl ester creatine in my opinion.

[quote]HarleyDS wrote:
Kruiser wrote:

Where to get it???
Glad you asked.

The Biotest store link at the top of the T-Nation home page. It’s that easy.

[/quote]

I use it. It’s quality Creatine at a good price. Surge post workout recovery drink sold in the T-store compliments it perfectly as an insulogenic “transport” if you will.

D

Go with Biotest…

Support T-Nation. The stuff isn’t the most expensive thing in the world. You know the stuff is top notch (not to say other companies aren’t).

Think of it as a donation while giving you the piece of mind that its pure stuff.

[quote]trainwithjeff wrote:
I have not tried it. I have however tried Champion’s brand which has creatine and the essential AA. All the new science seems to be about getting the essential AA right before and during the workout. Google “Champion Nutrition”. I promise I don’t work for them and I apologize to T-Nation if my recommending another brand is offensive.
[/quote]

You might want to run the numbers…

Both Champion and Biotest are selling the Creapure German creatine. The Champion is 400 grams for $18.87. The Biotest is 500 grams for $12.99. You’re paying 45% more for the same exact thing.

If you go with their Creatine Xtreme, you’re paying $2.25 for 12 grams of creatine or what you could get from Biotest for 32 cents. Granted, there are other things in the Xtreme, but throw in 50 cents worth of Biotest Grow! Whey and you have a similar AA profile. I’m sure the Champion is a good product, but their prices are high.

[quote]happydog48 wrote:
trainwithjeff wrote:

You might want to run the numbers…

Both Champion and Biotest are selling the Creapure German creatine. The Champion is 400 grams for $18.87. The Biotest is 500 grams for $12.99. You’re paying 45% more for the same exact thing.

If you go with their Creatine Xtreme, you’re paying $2.25 for 12 grams of creatine or what you could get from Biotest for 32 cents. Granted, there are other things in the Xtreme, but throw in 50 cents worth of Biotest Grow! Whey and you have a similar AA profile. I’m sure the Champion is a good product, but their prices are high.

[/quote]

i was talking about the creatine + the amino acid shooter… not just the straight creatine. i thought i eluded to that. sorry. some of the new science out is targeting essential AA during the workout. for straight creatine, like happydog said, get the most for your $$ without a doubt.

[quote]trainwithjeff wrote:
one more thing… stay away from the ethyl ester creatine in my opinion. [/quote]

Why?

[quote]jakedog wrote:
trainwithjeff wrote:
one more thing… stay away from the ethyl ester creatine in my opinion.

Why?[/quote]

because ethyl ester is an alcohol… and all studies have shown creatine needs to be delivered with a salt…monohydrate or citrate… ethyl ester, because it’s an alcohol, can actually kills cells… cytotoxic… and there is no advantage or science of taking it over monohydrate… and plus it’s more expensive than creatine monohydrate. that’s my two cents. like i tell my clients, it’s your body, you get the final say.

[quote]shoelessjones wrote:
and there is no advantage or science of taking it over monohydrate[/quote]

That’s the biggest one. You pay more with CEE to have your creatine taste like ass.

The prices discussed above don’t include shipping. Include that for a fair comparison.

[quote]HarleyDS wrote:
[/quote]

I’ve used it since Biotest started selling it and like it a lot.

My gut is sensitive to creatine straight up , so I dissolve it in my morning green tea according to Chris Shugart’s recommendation. Works like a champ and is much easier to ingest. Since it is a salt, you may want a little sweetener in your tea.

I use Vitargo CGL by Nutrex Research. I like it because they don’t use dextrose or maltose to get it into your system.
Taste is pretty good, fruit punch is anyway.
cost $35 for 3lbs container - online.
20 servings per container with 10g per serving.

I put on 10lbs in about 6 weeks.

something to try.

good luck
Her

Get one that’s micronized and also creapure (skw tested).

Biotest has one. Prolab also does. Those are the two off the top of my head. I prefer the Biotest one just because it’s convenient to get all my stuff here. Cool looking bottle too. :stuck_out_tongue: