Reclaiming College FB Strength at 40

8 plates narrow sumo off blocks

Solid. Are you using blocks out of preference or to improve your dead off the floor?

I am using blocks as a way to ramp up in weight a little faster, I plan going off the floor for 3 or 4 weeks in row before too long… I’ll probably wait until I get a pair of lifting briefs to do any sumo work off the floor though

squat felt very strong sat… 6 plates was FAST… went to 685 was planning on at least 2 then caught a cramp in right quad… low on potassium??? too long between sets??? anyone have this happen to them before?

gunna front squat & high bar oly-style squat today… not too many sets… 4-5 of each, basically use as a warm up & charge the legs a bit… then MegaTron shoulders starting with Push Presses & see where it goes

I am going to have some briefs made by Rudy Rosales of OverKill Power equipment… it will be fun to see what it feels like doing some deads & squats in 'em

nothing too special… I’ll get a front squat vid or 2 posted once I break the rust off my shoulders

got a little ticked after I saw the video so I slammed a couple reps super deep… I think I better wrap my knees next time i do that

got out the grinder to remove rust off shoulders, will vid afternoon front squats today

been sticking to high bar squats, will vid today also

best progress to report is shoulder strength, nearing a 400 pound press from the top of head, been doing some more direct ham work(much needed) - my ruptured biceps from my LaborDay weekend 1000 pound tire flip fail is starting to feel somewhat resilient now too

wife has been popping in a few more carbs so I’ve been snagging some for myslef, weight up a few, 296 just now, did drop as “low” as 281 at one point

I must confess that building extreme strength is a little trickier than it was 20 years ago

went in to my front squats pretty jacked today, slammed off the bottom with 365 & strained my glute a bit… so nothing too exciting about today

my warm-up sucked - you young guys out there make a solid warm part of your religion - a habit of mine I need to SHATTER is rushing through my warm up -

the good news is that I am feeling really strong - as long as I play this smart I’ll be moving some respectable steel really soon

WARM UP!

Good job here.

Where are you located in our great state?

[quote]LikeWater wrote:

my warm-up sucked - you young guys out there make a solid warm part of your religion - a habit of mine I need to SHATTER is rushing through my warm up -

the good news is that I am feeling really strong - as long as I play this smart I’ll be moving some respectable steel really soon

WARM UP!

[/quote]

^^this^^

Warm-ups are so important!

super busy with wrapping up the year

quick version is hitting more posterior chain work, starting to get a bit more explosive

will provide a more thorough update soon

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:
Good job here.

Where are you located in our great state?[/quote]

training centers in Sugar Grove & Elburn

Hit 681 X 5 last Saturday after working up to a 500 # Good Morning - does anyone have any free advice on advancing any heavier than that on Good Morning’s?

going to switch to low pulls, about 2" above ankles this Sat, then lockouts with real heavy weight this coming saturday

I pick things up & put them down