Recipes For Bulk Food

What’s up guys,

I did a search but couldn’t find it: a list of recipes that make for great bulk food, ie, food that you can prepare for the entire week and then store in the refrigerator. Much more convenient than cooking separately for every single meal!

I already know Chili con carne, it’s great stuff and can be easily prepared in bulk.

Any other recipes/ideas??

I find soups work pretty well and they’re easy to cook then freeze or just keep in the fridge for a few days. The options are pretty much endless.

Get a broth boiling in a pot, choose your protein source of choice (chicken, beef, lamb, whatever) throw that in first, whatever veggies take your fancy and if you want to crank up the carbs a bit, dump in some brown rice (just put it in raw and let it boil up with the soup), or try potato, sweet potato, pasta or whatever you like.

Once everything is in the pot, stick a lid on, turn the heat down a bit so it’s just simmer and let it go for half an hour, stirring occasionally.

Options are endless and it’s an easy way to get down a shitload of food if you’re trying to keep the calories up.

Boston Beef and Baked Bean Hot Pot

Similar to chili but completely different flavour.

Brown 500g or so of beef mince with a chopped onion, once the mince is sufficiently cooked add a Tbsp of chili powder, about 4-5 Tbsp of low sugar/salt BBQ sauce (more if you like i put in a shit load), Tbsp tomato puree, a tin of baked beans, tin of chopped tomatoes, a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce, whatever veg you fancy (carrots, peppers, courgette, cauliflower go well etc) and a chopped chili pepper or two. Season then Stir that stuff up.

You can also add pasta if you like. (Good PW)

Simmer covered for 10-15 mins then uncovered of 20-25 mins.

Tasty tasty stuff.