Recipe for Blueberry Spread?

Does anyone have a recipe for blueberry spread or jam that doesn’t involve added sugar, etc., that I can make on the stove/in the food processor? I’ll be experimenting in the next couple of days, but I wondered if anyone had done this before.

This is related to something I’ve also been wondering, my diet is usually protein source + veggies each meal, aside from occasional yogurt and Bran Buds for breakfast, but I’ll get days-long intense cravings for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I am not sure if these are related to the fact that I lived on them for 10 years, or if my body is telling me it’s time for some more carbs?

It’s not something I’m too worried about, I’ve been making my own WW/oatmeal bread (which is really fantastic, if I can say so myself) and use nat. PB, so it’s not like I’m binging on Wonderbread and Jif, but I’d just be sort of curious to know if it’s just an old craving or if my body actually is needing some extra carbs, and if there’s a way to tell the difference.

As long as there are no pickles on the sandwich you’re probably ok!

Have you tried this?

It talks about canning, but you might just skip the canning steps and make a single batch. You might want to experiment with stevia powder as a sweetener, but I don’t know how well it works when heated.

stew the blueberries till soft and only 3/4 of the water is left… mash add some pectin a little salt and lemon juice to preserve. let it cool. et voila!!!

takes about a half day from start till usable

[quote]yorik wrote:

[/quote]

Is this some long standing joke I’m uninitiated to, or do you really know about my pickle addiction? Quite frankly, I can see how a peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich could hit the spot.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
yorik wrote:

Is this some long standing joke I’m uninitiated to, or do you really know about my pickle addiction? Quite frankly, I can see how a peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich could hit the spot.[/quote]

I was thinking of the old standard, pickles and ice cream…